Teenage woman raped in Regent’s Park
A teenage woman was raped in Regent’s Park over the weekend.
The 19-year-old was walking through the south east corner of the royal park just before 7am on Saturday when a man dragged her into some nearby bushes and raped her.
Det Insp Nicky Arrowsmith said: “Although this incident took place just before 7am on Saturday morning, early morning users of Regent’s Park, such as joggers or dog walkers, would have been out and about.
“I would appeal to anyone who was in this area of the park and saw or heard anything, or anyone who recognises the description of the suspect to contact my team.”
The suspect is described as a black man in his 20s and approximately 5ft 7inch with an Afro. He was wearing a blue or green t-shirt, a baseball cap and dark coloured jeans. He was also wearing white trainers.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for information and people are asked to contact the Westminster Sapphire Unit on 020 7321 8040 or call anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 3 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 4 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 5 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 6 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 7 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 8 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 9 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
- 10 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's