Teenage woman raped in Regent’s Park
A teenage woman was raped in Regent’s Park over the weekend.
The 19-year-old was walking through the south east corner of the royal park just before 7am on Saturday when a man dragged her into some nearby bushes and raped her.
Det Insp Nicky Arrowsmith said: “Although this incident took place just before 7am on Saturday morning, early morning users of Regent’s Park, such as joggers or dog walkers, would have been out and about.
“I would appeal to anyone who was in this area of the park and saw or heard anything, or anyone who recognises the description of the suspect to contact my team.”
The suspect is described as a black man in his 20s and approximately 5ft 7inch with an Afro. He was wearing a blue or green t-shirt, a baseball cap and dark coloured jeans. He was also wearing white trainers.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for information and people are asked to contact the Westminster Sapphire Unit on 020 7321 8040 or call anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 2 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 5 Muswell Hill club wins 'Premier League' of junior chess
- 6 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 7 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 8 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report