Teenage woman raped in Regent’s Park
A teenage woman was raped in Regent’s Park over the weekend.
The 19-year-old was walking through the south east corner of the royal park just before 7am on Saturday when a man dragged her into some nearby bushes and raped her.
Det Insp Nicky Arrowsmith said: “Although this incident took place just before 7am on Saturday morning, early morning users of Regent’s Park, such as joggers or dog walkers, would have been out and about.
“I would appeal to anyone who was in this area of the park and saw or heard anything, or anyone who recognises the description of the suspect to contact my team.”
The suspect is described as a black man in his 20s and approximately 5ft 7inch with an Afro. He was wearing a blue or green t-shirt, a baseball cap and dark coloured jeans. He was also wearing white trainers.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for information and people are asked to contact the Westminster Sapphire Unit on 020 7321 8040 or call anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 2 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 3 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 5 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 6 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 7 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 8 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 Pressure mounts on Jose Mourinho Spurs as his former club Man United