Teenage woman raped in Regent’s Park
A teenage woman was raped in Regent’s Park over the weekend.
The 19-year-old was walking through the south east corner of the royal park just before 7am on Saturday when a man dragged her into some nearby bushes and raped her.
Det Insp Nicky Arrowsmith said: “Although this incident took place just before 7am on Saturday morning, early morning users of Regent’s Park, such as joggers or dog walkers, would have been out and about.
“I would appeal to anyone who was in this area of the park and saw or heard anything, or anyone who recognises the description of the suspect to contact my team.”
The suspect is described as a black man in his 20s and approximately 5ft 7inch with an Afro. He was wearing a blue or green t-shirt, a baseball cap and dark coloured jeans. He was also wearing white trainers.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for information and people are asked to contact the Westminster Sapphire Unit on 020 7321 8040 or call anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Gravestone is a reminder that slavery left its mark in north London
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate