Teenage knifeman chased by police helicopter over Kentish Town rooftops
- Credit: Archant
Robbery of pizza delivery driver at knifepoint leads to early hours search for suspect
A teenager who threatened a pizza delivery man at knifepoint and stole his moped was chased across rooftops by the police helicopter in the early hours of this morning.
The 17-year-old escaped onto the roof of a building in Grafton Road at around 3am after police arrived to arrest him.
They suspected that he was involved in an robbery hours earlier at 11pm the night before in Woodward Close, Kentish Town.
Hundreds of residents in the area were woken at 4am as the helicopter flew around the area in windy conditions with a search light for nearly an hour.
You may also want to watch:
At 3:50am, the Metropolitan police helicopter crew tweeted: “in NW5 area assisting @MPSCamden suspect on a roof, apologies for noise”
Then at 5:04am they tweeted again: “we got ‘em, nite nite”
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 3 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 4 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 5 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 6 Letters: The floods!
- 7 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 10 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
A police spokesman said: “At 11pm on Wednesday a pizza delivery rider was robbed of his moped at knifepoint. Met officers investigated and the moped was recovered.
“At around 3am today officers attended an address in Grafton Road to make arrest enquiries. Upon police arrival, a 17-year-old male went onto the roof of the premises.”
An ambulance also attended the scene as a precaution.
He said that at 4:30am a youth was arrested on suspcion of robbery and was today being questioned.