16-year-old stabbed to death in Regent’s Park Estate
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after an 16-year-old has been stabbed to death in the Regent’s Park Estate in Camden.
Police were called to Munster Square on the Regents' Park Estate at 11.10pm last night after a teenage boy was knifed.
Officers and the London Ambulance Service attended, and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
No arrests have been made. An investigation is ongoing and a crime scene is in place.
In a joint statement, councillor Georgia Gould, leader of Camden Council and MP for Holborn and St Pancras Keir Starmer said: "We are devastated that a young life was lost in Camden last night. The victim was not a Camden resident but he was a 16 year old child in our borough and we are working with the police, his home borough and all involved in this case to understand how this happened.
You may also want to watch:
"Camden community presence officers will be visiting the community to speak with residents, community groups and businesses to provide reassurance and support. Every time we lose a young life it causes deep pain for families and communities and is felt by all at the council. Through our youth safety taskforce we are working every day with schools, youth clubs, families, hospitals, young people and the broader community to stop this violence."
Anyone with information is asked to call 101, quoting CAD8433 of August 12.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 4 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 5 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 6 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 7 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 8 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 9 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 10 Helen Allingham's Hampstead watercolour up for auction