16-year-old stabbed to death in Regent’s Park Estate
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after an 16-year-old has been stabbed to death in the Regent’s Park Estate in Camden.
Police were called to Munster Square on the Regents' Park Estate at 11.10pm last night after a teenage boy was knifed.
Officers and the London Ambulance Service attended, and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
No arrests have been made. An investigation is ongoing and a crime scene is in place.
In a joint statement, councillor Georgia Gould, leader of Camden Council and MP for Holborn and St Pancras Keir Starmer said: "We are devastated that a young life was lost in Camden last night. The victim was not a Camden resident but he was a 16 year old child in our borough and we are working with the police, his home borough and all involved in this case to understand how this happened.
You may also want to watch:
"Camden community presence officers will be visiting the community to speak with residents, community groups and businesses to provide reassurance and support. Every time we lose a young life it causes deep pain for families and communities and is felt by all at the council. Through our youth safety taskforce we are working every day with schools, youth clubs, families, hospitals, young people and the broader community to stop this violence."
Anyone with information is asked to call 101, quoting CAD8433 of August 12.
- 1 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 2 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 6 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 9 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 10 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill