Teen spent Christmas in hospital with life-threatening knife wounds
- Credit: Archant
A teenager spent Christmas in hospital with life-threatening injuries after being stabbed in Dartmouth Park, a court heard yesterday (Wednesday).
The youth was knifed with a 6in blade after an altercation in Stoneleigh Street on December 21.
Police on patrol heard a girl’s screams and rushed to the scene where they found a 17-year-old boy with a wound to his abdomen, slicing into his bowel and aorta, Highbury Corner Magistrates Court heard.
Officers performed CPR before he was rushed to St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington where he spent five days, and he still needs nursing care at home every two days.
A 14-year-old from Haverstock appeared in court charged with possessing a knife and wounding with intent.
You may also want to watch:
The judge ordered him to return to court on January 30 when a date will be set for his trial.
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 3 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 6 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 7 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 8 'State pension must be raised or older people face a dismal future'
- 9 'You're welcome here': Best pals, 12, make care packages for Afghan refugees
- 10 Prince William brings environmental Earthshot Prize ceremony to Ally Pally