Teacher denies raping girl three times at Camden school
- Credit: Archant
A teacher appeared in court yesterday to deny raping an underage girl three times at a school in Camden
Former department head Kato Harris, 36, is charged with three counts of raping a girl under the age of 16 in 2013.
He is alleged to have attacked the schoolgirl on three separate occasions on school premises between October and December 2013.
Harris, of Montague Road, Richmond, pleaded not guilty to all three charges during a hearing at Isleworth Crown Court.
He was bailed to reappear for trial on July 18.
You may also want to watch:
Dressed in a three-piece suit, Harris spoke only to confirm his name and to plead not guilty to the charges.
As he left the dock he said: “Thank you, your honour” to the judge.
- 1 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 2 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 3 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 4 The Magdala returns as pubs and restaurants reopen indoors on May 17
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'
- 7 Zookeeper's sponsored swim as London Zoo reopens indoor areas
- 8 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 9 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 10 Singing in a choir can 'change the world and boost mental health'
While on bail, he must not associate with any person under the age of 16 unless supervised by a responsible adult.
He was also ordered to surrender his passport and must not contact the alleged victim or her family. When Harris was first charged, the school’s headteacher wrote a letter to inform parents of the case.