Teacher denies raping girl three times at Camden school
- Credit: Archant
A teacher appeared in court yesterday to deny raping an underage girl three times at a school in Camden
Former department head Kato Harris, 36, is charged with three counts of raping a girl under the age of 16 in 2013.
He is alleged to have attacked the schoolgirl on three separate occasions on school premises between October and December 2013.
Harris, of Montague Road, Richmond, pleaded not guilty to all three charges during a hearing at Isleworth Crown Court.
He was bailed to reappear for trial on July 18.
You may also want to watch:
Dressed in a three-piece suit, Harris spoke only to confirm his name and to plead not guilty to the charges.
As he left the dock he said: “Thank you, your honour” to the judge.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 3 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 4 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 5 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 6 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 7 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 8 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 9 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 10 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
While on bail, he must not associate with any person under the age of 16 unless supervised by a responsible adult.
He was also ordered to surrender his passport and must not contact the alleged victim or her family. When Harris was first charged, the school’s headteacher wrote a letter to inform parents of the case.