Teacher denies raping girl three times at Camden school
- Credit: Archant
A teacher appeared in court yesterday to deny raping an underage girl three times at a school in Camden
Former department head Kato Harris, 36, is charged with three counts of raping a girl under the age of 16 in 2013.
He is alleged to have attacked the schoolgirl on three separate occasions on school premises between October and December 2013.
Harris, of Montague Road, Richmond, pleaded not guilty to all three charges during a hearing at Isleworth Crown Court.
He was bailed to reappear for trial on July 18.
You may also want to watch:
Dressed in a three-piece suit, Harris spoke only to confirm his name and to plead not guilty to the charges.
As he left the dock he said: “Thank you, your honour” to the judge.
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 4 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 5 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 6 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 9 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 10 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
While on bail, he must not associate with any person under the age of 16 unless supervised by a responsible adult.
He was also ordered to surrender his passport and must not contact the alleged victim or her family. When Harris was first charged, the school’s headteacher wrote a letter to inform parents of the case.