Suspended St Pancras coroner resigns
The coroner who was suspended from St Pancras Coroners Court for hiring his unqualified wife to preside over cases, has resigned.
Dr. Andrew Reid was suspended from his position in February of this year and has since been under investigation by the Ministry of Justice.
On Friday (December 7) the coroner offered his resignation, citing personal reasons.
In 2009 Dr Andrew Reid hired his wife, Suzanna Greenaway as his assistant deputy coroner.
It was later discovered that Mrs Greenaway, who presided over more than 30 cases, including the hearing into the death of Amy Winehouse, was not qualified for the position.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Abdul Hai, Camden cabinet member for community safety said: “I can confirm that the Chief Executive has received the resignation of Dr Andrew Reid, Coroner for the Inner North London area.
“A recruitment process will now be put into place to recruit to this role and in the interim, Dr Shirley Radcliffe, will continue to serve the Inner North London area as Acting Coroner.”
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 6 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 7 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 8 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 9 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 10 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
The Ministry of Justice has not yet confirmed whether the investigation will be continued.