Suspended St Pancras coroner resigns
The coroner who was suspended from St Pancras Coroners Court for hiring his unqualified wife to preside over cases, has resigned.
Dr. Andrew Reid was suspended from his position in February of this year and has since been under investigation by the Ministry of Justice.
On Friday (December 7) the coroner offered his resignation, citing personal reasons.
In 2009 Dr Andrew Reid hired his wife, Suzanna Greenaway as his assistant deputy coroner.
It was later discovered that Mrs Greenaway, who presided over more than 30 cases, including the hearing into the death of Amy Winehouse, was not qualified for the position.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Abdul Hai, Camden cabinet member for community safety said: “I can confirm that the Chief Executive has received the resignation of Dr Andrew Reid, Coroner for the Inner North London area.
“A recruitment process will now be put into place to recruit to this role and in the interim, Dr Shirley Radcliffe, will continue to serve the Inner North London area as Acting Coroner.”
- 1 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 2 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 5 Muswell Hill club wins 'Premier League' of junior chess
- 6 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 7 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 8 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report
The Ministry of Justice has not yet confirmed whether the investigation will be continued.