Suspended St Pancras coroner resigns
The coroner who was suspended from St Pancras Coroners Court for hiring his unqualified wife to preside over cases, has resigned.
Dr. Andrew Reid was suspended from his position in February of this year and has since been under investigation by the Ministry of Justice.
On Friday (December 7) the coroner offered his resignation, citing personal reasons.
In 2009 Dr Andrew Reid hired his wife, Suzanna Greenaway as his assistant deputy coroner.
It was later discovered that Mrs Greenaway, who presided over more than 30 cases, including the hearing into the death of Amy Winehouse, was not qualified for the position.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Abdul Hai, Camden cabinet member for community safety said: “I can confirm that the Chief Executive has received the resignation of Dr Andrew Reid, Coroner for the Inner North London area.
“A recruitment process will now be put into place to recruit to this role and in the interim, Dr Shirley Radcliffe, will continue to serve the Inner North London area as Acting Coroner.”
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 3 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 6 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 9 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
The Ministry of Justice has not yet confirmed whether the investigation will be continued.