Suspended St Pancras coroner resigns
The coroner who was suspended from St Pancras Coroners Court for hiring his unqualified wife to preside over cases, has resigned.
Dr. Andrew Reid was suspended from his position in February of this year and has since been under investigation by the Ministry of Justice.
On Friday (December 7) the coroner offered his resignation, citing personal reasons.
In 2009 Dr Andrew Reid hired his wife, Suzanna Greenaway as his assistant deputy coroner.
It was later discovered that Mrs Greenaway, who presided over more than 30 cases, including the hearing into the death of Amy Winehouse, was not qualified for the position.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Abdul Hai, Camden cabinet member for community safety said: “I can confirm that the Chief Executive has received the resignation of Dr Andrew Reid, Coroner for the Inner North London area.
“A recruitment process will now be put into place to recruit to this role and in the interim, Dr Shirley Radcliffe, will continue to serve the Inner North London area as Acting Coroner.”
- 1 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 5 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 6 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 7 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 8 Hampstead and Highgate entrepreneurs to launch crime-tracking app Curbism
- 9 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill
The Ministry of Justice has not yet confirmed whether the investigation will be continued.