Suspended prison sentence for South Hampstead man, 22, who groomed schoolgirl on Facebook
- Credit: central news
A 22-year-old man from South Hampstead, who groomed an underage schoolgirl on Facebook, has walked free from court today after being banned from all social media websites.
Mansoor Miah, of Hilgrove Road, invited the 15-year-old to meet him for sex at a hotel in Kent, after he chatted to her on the social media site in November 2013.
Southwark Crown Court heard he also sent the youngster lewd photos and asked her to Skype him so he could pleasure himself in front of her.
Miah, who worked in the Brent Cross branch of Tesco but has since been sacked, began sending the girl selfies of his naked body asking her to ‘rate my abs’ and asked her to send images of herself in return, although she never complied.
A week after making contact with the child, he tried to coax her into meeting him at a hotel.
You may also want to watch:
The court heard the girl had previously exchanged sexualized communications with other people online and her family had been so concerned they had confiscated all her electronic devices.
At an earlier trial, he admitted one charge of attempting to meet a child following sexual grooming.
- 1 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 2 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 6 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 7 'He was mesmerising': Barney Hoskyns on Prince, five years on
- 8 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 9 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 10 Arguments over Heath impact of homes in Jack Straw's Castle car park
Sentencing him to 16 months imprisonment, suspended for two years, Judge Nicolas Loraine-Smith said: “There’s no evidence that you are a predatory paedophile, the fact that you didn’t try again allows me to accept the fact you were remorseful for your behaviour months before the police intervened.”
Miah is also barred from all social media, and he is only allowed to access the internet for his personal use with one named electronic device that is constantly available to the police or a probation officer for inspection.
He must attend a sexual offences prevention programme and report to the probation service for the next two years.