Suspected moped burglar arrested in Camden after raid
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
A suspected burglar linked to moped crime has been arrested in Camden after a raid where stolen goods were found.
Police raided the property on Cubitt Street in Camden at 6.25am on February 6. A 27-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of burglary and was taken to an east-London police station.
Among the items found were a Moncler designer jacket, and a number of designer watches, mobile phones, bank cards and car keys.
The Moncler jacket and one set of Bentley car keys have been confirmed as having been stolen during a theft reported in December, where the items were taken from the victim’s car.
A mobile phone is also confirmed to have been stolen after it was traced to its owner who had recently been visiting London from Holland when his phone was stolen in a moped-enabled snatch.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Inspector Duncan Platt, from the North Area Tasking Team’, said: “Following this morning’s successful raid to combat theft and moped-enabled theft, we were able to recover a number of goods, some of which are already confirmed to be stolen. Today’s operation highlights the tireless efforts going into identifying thieves and bringing them to justice”.
- 1 Two teenagers stabbed in Kilburn and South Hampstead in separate attacks
- 2 Leila Roy tributes: 'We will miss her energy and her big heart'
- 3 WATCH: Hampstead 8-year-old teaches history to audience of thousands
- 4 Patients being treated in hospital for Covid falls by a quarter
- 5 Camden disabled resident on fears over Haverstock Hill cycle lanes
- 6 'Real disappointment' over uptake of Covid vaccine among care home staff
- 7 Remembering 'positive, caring and kind' Hornsey pupil Amy
- 8 Highgate band take music on the road for an 'impossible tour'
- 9 Call to remember John Le Carré during Hampstead Heath celebrations
- 10 Joe Montemurro full of praise for Jordan Nobbs following Arsenal's win over Aston Villa