Suspected moped burglar arrested in Camden after raid
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
A suspected burglar linked to moped crime has been arrested in Camden after a raid where stolen goods were found.
Police raided the property on Cubitt Street in Camden at 6.25am on February 6. A 27-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of burglary and was taken to an east-London police station.
Among the items found were a Moncler designer jacket, and a number of designer watches, mobile phones, bank cards and car keys.
The Moncler jacket and one set of Bentley car keys have been confirmed as having been stolen during a theft reported in December, where the items were taken from the victim’s car.
A mobile phone is also confirmed to have been stolen after it was traced to its owner who had recently been visiting London from Holland when his phone was stolen in a moped-enabled snatch.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Inspector Duncan Platt, from the North Area Tasking Team’, said: “Following this morning’s successful raid to combat theft and moped-enabled theft, we were able to recover a number of goods, some of which are already confirmed to be stolen. Today’s operation highlights the tireless efforts going into identifying thieves and bringing them to justice”.
- 1 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 2 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 3 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 4 Russia 'responsible for assassinating' Muswell Hill resident Litvinenko
- 5 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 6 Puppy pampering, parties and pastry: Inside Hampstead's Dandie Dog Cafe
- 7 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 8 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 9 Finchley welterweight Florian Markun has opportunity to stamp his mark
- 10 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond