Suspected crystal meth lab raided in Primrose Hill
- Credit: Archant
A man suspected of cooking crystal meth at his Primrose Hill home was arrested during a police raid.
Officers found a crystalline substance in a pan on the kitchen cooker and a tin containing a similar substance in the bedroom.
They raided the 58-year-old’s flat in Fitzroy Road on Wednesday, June 18, after a tip-off.
The substance is thought to be crystal meth, a highly-addictive form of the drug methamphetamine made famous by hit American TV series Breaking Bad.
It has been sent for testing.
The man was arrested on suspicion of possessing Class A drugs and has been placed on police bail until September.
Insp Simon Brooker, in charge of neighbourhood policing in central Camden, said: “We will wait for it to be analysed. Crystal meth is not that common in Camden..”
- 1 Bus collides with lamppost in Muswell Hill crash
- 2 Stephen Mangan has Crouch End pupils 'in stitches'
- 3 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 4 Christmas at Kenwood feels like walking in a winter wonderland
- 5 Developer told to dig up granite slabs at Hornsey Town Hall Square
- 6 George Michael estate helps fund Highgate Christmas lights
- 7 Infected Blood Inquiry: Transfusion centre was 'disaster zone'
- 8 Villa Bianca brings the Christmas cheer to Hampstead
- 9 Haringey Council makes senior leadership appointments
- 10 Covid-19: Omicron cases confirmed in Haringey and Barnet