Suspected crystal meth lab raided in Primrose Hill
- Credit: Archant
A man suspected of cooking crystal meth at his Primrose Hill home was arrested during a police raid.
Officers found a crystalline substance in a pan on the kitchen cooker and a tin containing a similar substance in the bedroom.
They raided the 58-year-old’s flat in Fitzroy Road on Wednesday, June 18, after a tip-off.
The substance is thought to be crystal meth, a highly-addictive form of the drug methamphetamine made famous by hit American TV series Breaking Bad.
It has been sent for testing.
You may also want to watch:
The man was arrested on suspicion of possessing Class A drugs and has been placed on police bail until September.
Insp Simon Brooker, in charge of neighbourhood policing in central Camden, said: “We will wait for it to be analysed. Crystal meth is not that common in Camden..”
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 5 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 6 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 7 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 8 'He was mesmerising': Barney Hoskyns on Prince, five years on
- 9 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 10 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer