Suspected burglars who sparked Hampstead police helicopter chase remanded in custody
- Credit: Archant
A man and two teenagers who sparked a police helicopter chase through gardens in Hampstead have appeared in court.
Last Monday, police were called to reports of men behaving suspiciously in the vicinity of Willow Road and Pilgrim’s Lane, in Hampstead, just after midnight.
Residents in the area reported being woken by the noise of a police helicopter as it pursued the suspects in the neighbourhood.
Officers arrested three males at the scene on suspicion of residential burglary.
Llias Ebnchaid, 20, of no fixed address, Emiliano Seferaj, 19, of Pound Lane, Willesden, Brent, and a 16-year-old boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, were all charged with aggravated burglary.
Ebnchaid also faces two separate burglary charges.
All three defendants appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court last Tuesday and were remanded in custody.
- 1 Bentley Motor blue plaque in North London 'prized off wall and stolen'
- 2 Free beach returns to Finchley Road for the summer
- 3 Camden councillors set to give themselves a pay rise
- 4 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 5 Fences and padlocks at Primrose Hill once again
- 6 I want to philately! Freddie Mercury’s stamp collection goes on display
- 7 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 8 'Gabriels stun Koko – superstardom seems inevitable'
- 9 O2 Centre climb: Entertaining with fantastic panoramic views of London
- 10 Crouch End Festival: 'Back with a bang bigger than ever'
They will appear at Blackfriars Crown Court for a plea and case management hearing on Tuesday.