Suspected burglars who sparked Hampstead police helicopter chase remanded in custody
- Credit: Archant
A man and two teenagers who sparked a police helicopter chase through gardens in Hampstead have appeared in court.
Last Monday, police were called to reports of men behaving suspiciously in the vicinity of Willow Road and Pilgrim’s Lane, in Hampstead, just after midnight.
Residents in the area reported being woken by the noise of a police helicopter as it pursued the suspects in the neighbourhood.
Officers arrested three males at the scene on suspicion of residential burglary.
Llias Ebnchaid, 20, of no fixed address, Emiliano Seferaj, 19, of Pound Lane, Willesden, Brent, and a 16-year-old boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, were all charged with aggravated burglary.
You may also want to watch:
Ebnchaid also faces two separate burglary charges.
All three defendants appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court last Tuesday and were remanded in custody.
- 1 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 2 Council denies liability for Church Row bollards car damage
- 3 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 4 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 5 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 6 Meet the entrepreneur helping Londoners find the cool dining spots
- 7 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 8 Nursery to open in former Highgate Barclays building
- 9 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 10 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
They will appear at Blackfriars Crown Court for a plea and case management hearing on Tuesday.