Suspected burglars who sparked Hampstead police helicopter chase remanded in custody
- Credit: Archant
A man and two teenagers who sparked a police helicopter chase through gardens in Hampstead have appeared in court.
Last Monday, police were called to reports of men behaving suspiciously in the vicinity of Willow Road and Pilgrim’s Lane, in Hampstead, just after midnight.
Residents in the area reported being woken by the noise of a police helicopter as it pursued the suspects in the neighbourhood.
Officers arrested three males at the scene on suspicion of residential burglary.
Llias Ebnchaid, 20, of no fixed address, Emiliano Seferaj, 19, of Pound Lane, Willesden, Brent, and a 16-year-old boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, were all charged with aggravated burglary.
You may also want to watch:
Ebnchaid also faces two separate burglary charges.
All three defendants appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court last Tuesday and were remanded in custody.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 6 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 7 Prince Philip remembered in pictures: London Zoo visits and trips to the theatre
- 8 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
They will appear at Blackfriars Crown Court for a plea and case management hearing on Tuesday.