Suspected burglars who sparked Hampstead police helicopter chase remanded in custody
- Credit: Archant
A man and two teenagers who sparked a police helicopter chase through gardens in Hampstead have appeared in court.
Last Monday, police were called to reports of men behaving suspiciously in the vicinity of Willow Road and Pilgrim’s Lane, in Hampstead, just after midnight.
Residents in the area reported being woken by the noise of a police helicopter as it pursued the suspects in the neighbourhood.
Officers arrested three males at the scene on suspicion of residential burglary.
Llias Ebnchaid, 20, of no fixed address, Emiliano Seferaj, 19, of Pound Lane, Willesden, Brent, and a 16-year-old boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, were all charged with aggravated burglary.
You may also want to watch:
Ebnchaid also faces two separate burglary charges.
All three defendants appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court last Tuesday and were remanded in custody.
- 1 How many trees have been felled in the Parkland Walk?
- 2 5 days out in London where you can meet the animals
- 3 Burglar of £100k watches and jewellery haul jailed
- 4 Birthday Honours: Period Poverty campaigner Amika George becomes an MBE
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Neighbours fight plan for 'out of character' flats above nursery
- 7 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 8 Shakespeare comedy and children's shows at Regent's Park Open Air Theatre
- 9 Boundary changes plan would 'split' Hampstead and see new Muswell Hill seat
- 10 Birthday Honours: Cllr Jonathan Simpson 'astonished' to be made MBE
They will appear at Blackfriars Crown Court for a plea and case management hearing on Tuesday.