Suspected burglars who sparked Hampstead police helicopter chase remanded in custody
- Credit: Archant
A man and two teenagers who sparked a police helicopter chase through gardens in Hampstead have appeared in court.
Last Monday, police were called to reports of men behaving suspiciously in the vicinity of Willow Road and Pilgrim’s Lane, in Hampstead, just after midnight.
Residents in the area reported being woken by the noise of a police helicopter as it pursued the suspects in the neighbourhood.
Officers arrested three males at the scene on suspicion of residential burglary.
Llias Ebnchaid, 20, of no fixed address, Emiliano Seferaj, 19, of Pound Lane, Willesden, Brent, and a 16-year-old boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, were all charged with aggravated burglary.
Ebnchaid also faces two separate burglary charges.
All three defendants appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court last Tuesday and were remanded in custody.
- 1 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 2 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 3 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 4 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 5 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 6 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 7 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 8 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 9 Covid patient numbers levelling out after Christmas rise, data suggests
- 10 Autistic TV presenter joins Hampstead pupils for 'most wonderful day'
They will appear at Blackfriars Crown Court for a plea and case management hearing on Tuesday.