Stabbing on Harrow Road
JUST four months after innocent electrician Daniel Omari Smith was shot dead on Harrow Road, another young man has been stabbed just yards from his murder scene.
Following violent clashes from around 50 youths on Saturday night, a 20-year-old man was stabbed close to the Kentucky Fried Chicken shop where Mr Smith, 22, was killed in May.
Police arrested and charged Stephen Dema, 20, from Kilburn in connection with the stabbing on Sunday.
They also arrested an 18-year-old suspect on the same day.
A Westminster Police spokeswoman said: “Stephen Dema, 20, of Thurso House, Randolph Gardens, NW6, was charged on September 12 with attempted Grievous Bodily Harm (GBH) of a 20 year old man, and appeared at City of Westminster Magistrates’ Court on September 13.
You may also want to watch:
“An 18 year old man was also arrested on suspicion of GBH and is currently in custody at a central London police station.”
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 3 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 7 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 8 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 9 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 10 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer