St John’s Wood man charged with attempted murders after samurai sword attack
A man has appeared in court charged with the attempted murder of a police officer and another woman.
Ahla Timofei, 25, of Frampton Street, St John’s Wood, appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court yesterday (Wednesday, December 26).
He was charged with the attempted murders of 34-year-old Sgt Steve Brown, of Islington Police, and a 22-year-old woman, in Holloway Road, Islington, on Christmas Eve (December 24).
Timofei was remanded in custody to stand trial and will next appear at Blackfriars Crown Court on January 10 next year.
No plea has been entered to the charges.
You may also want to watch:
The Italian woman suffered a number of wounds to the legs, arms and face and is in a serious condition in hospital following the attack.
When Sgt Brown arrived at the scene he was confronted by a man brandishing a samurai sword and the 22-year-old woman bleeding on the floor.
- 1 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 4 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 5 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 6 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 7 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 8 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 9 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 10 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
Police met the woman’s parents when they arrived in the UK from Italy and rushed them to hospital to be with their daughter.