St John’s Wood man charged with attempted murders after samurai sword attack
A man has appeared in court charged with the attempted murder of a police officer and another woman.
Ahla Timofei, 25, of Frampton Street, St John’s Wood, appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court yesterday (Wednesday, December 26).
He was charged with the attempted murders of 34-year-old Sgt Steve Brown, of Islington Police, and a 22-year-old woman, in Holloway Road, Islington, on Christmas Eve (December 24).
Timofei was remanded in custody to stand trial and will next appear at Blackfriars Crown Court on January 10 next year.
No plea has been entered to the charges.
You may also want to watch:
The Italian woman suffered a number of wounds to the legs, arms and face and is in a serious condition in hospital following the attack.
When Sgt Brown arrived at the scene he was confronted by a man brandishing a samurai sword and the 22-year-old woman bleeding on the floor.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 3 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 6 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 7 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 8 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 'Time for the government to face up to the climate emergency'
- 10 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
Police met the woman’s parents when they arrived in the UK from Italy and rushed them to hospital to be with their daughter.