St John’s Wood man charged with attempted murders after samurai sword attack
A man has appeared in court charged with the attempted murder of a police officer and another woman.
Ahla Timofei, 25, of Frampton Street, St John’s Wood, appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court yesterday (Wednesday, December 26).
He was charged with the attempted murders of 34-year-old Sgt Steve Brown, of Islington Police, and a 22-year-old woman, in Holloway Road, Islington, on Christmas Eve (December 24).
Timofei was remanded in custody to stand trial and will next appear at Blackfriars Crown Court on January 10 next year.
No plea has been entered to the charges.
You may also want to watch:
The Italian woman suffered a number of wounds to the legs, arms and face and is in a serious condition in hospital following the attack.
When Sgt Brown arrived at the scene he was confronted by a man brandishing a samurai sword and the 22-year-old woman bleeding on the floor.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 7 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 8 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 9 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 10 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
Police met the woman’s parents when they arrived in the UK from Italy and rushed them to hospital to be with their daughter.