St John’s Wood man charged with attempted murders after samurai sword attack
A man has appeared in court charged with the attempted murder of a police officer and another woman.
Ahla Timofei, 25, of Frampton Street, St John’s Wood, appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court yesterday (Wednesday, December 26).
He was charged with the attempted murders of 34-year-old Sgt Steve Brown, of Islington Police, and a 22-year-old woman, in Holloway Road, Islington, on Christmas Eve (December 24).
Timofei was remanded in custody to stand trial and will next appear at Blackfriars Crown Court on January 10 next year.
No plea has been entered to the charges.
The Italian woman suffered a number of wounds to the legs, arms and face and is in a serious condition in hospital following the attack.
When Sgt Brown arrived at the scene he was confronted by a man brandishing a samurai sword and the 22-year-old woman bleeding on the floor.
- 1 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 2 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
- 3 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 4 Highgate pub landlords to appeal restrictive licence approval
- 5 Olympic ace opens Highgate primary school's new running track
- 6 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 7 Man wanted after serious assault in Sussex 'may live in Camden'
- 8 Monkeypox: 7 patients in Homerton and Royal Free hospitals
- 9 Cartoonist creates celebrity tube stops
- 10 Campaign launched after girl suffers fractured ribs from e-scooter crash
Police met the woman’s parents when they arrived in the UK from Italy and rushed them to hospital to be with their daughter.