St John’s Wood man charged with attempted murders after samurai sword attack
A man has appeared in court charged with the attempted murder of a police officer and another woman.
Ahla Timofei, 25, of Frampton Street, St John’s Wood, appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court yesterday (Wednesday, December 26).
He was charged with the attempted murders of 34-year-old Sgt Steve Brown, of Islington Police, and a 22-year-old woman, in Holloway Road, Islington, on Christmas Eve (December 24).
Timofei was remanded in custody to stand trial and will next appear at Blackfriars Crown Court on January 10 next year.
No plea has been entered to the charges.
You may also want to watch:
The Italian woman suffered a number of wounds to the legs, arms and face and is in a serious condition in hospital following the attack.
When Sgt Brown arrived at the scene he was confronted by a man brandishing a samurai sword and the 22-year-old woman bleeding on the floor.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 4 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 5 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 6 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 7 Arsenal agree to terminate contract of defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos
- 8 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 9 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 10 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
Police met the woman’s parents when they arrived in the UK from Italy and rushed them to hospital to be with their daughter.