Spate of violent attacks against women on Hampstead Heath
- Credit: Archant
Police are hunting an attacker who pounced on lone women on Parliament Hill in three separate incidents in the last week.
The three terrified victims all suffered bruising after being assualted by the suspect who approached them on a bicycle.
Detectives warned women walking on the Heath to be on their guard following the spate of attacks.
A Met spokesman said: “The community are asked to remain vigilant if walking in this area at night, particularly lone females,”
“All three victims were assaulted, resulting in bruising. At least two of the incidents were motivated by robbery.”
You may also want to watch:
The first attack took place at around 9:50pm on Wednesday August 5.
The other two women were assaulted between 11 and 11:30pm on Saturday night.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 5 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 9 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill
- 10 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
Police appealed for anybody with information or who may have seen the suspect acting suspiciously earlier in the evening to contact Holborn CID on 0208 733 5663 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.