Spate of violent attacks against women on Hampstead Heath
- Credit: Archant
Police are hunting an attacker who pounced on lone women on Parliament Hill in three separate incidents in the last week.
The three terrified victims all suffered bruising after being assualted by the suspect who approached them on a bicycle.
Detectives warned women walking on the Heath to be on their guard following the spate of attacks.
A Met spokesman said: “The community are asked to remain vigilant if walking in this area at night, particularly lone females,”
“All three victims were assaulted, resulting in bruising. At least two of the incidents were motivated by robbery.”
You may also want to watch:
The first attack took place at around 9:50pm on Wednesday August 5.
The other two women were assaulted between 11 and 11:30pm on Saturday night.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 5 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 6 Prince Philip remembered in pictures: London Zoo visits and trips to the theatre
- 7 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 8 Revealed: How council paid £23m for an office block valued at £10m
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
Police appealed for anybody with information or who may have seen the suspect acting suspiciously earlier in the evening to contact Holborn CID on 0208 733 5663 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.