Spate of violent attacks against women on Hampstead Heath
- Credit: Archant
Police are hunting an attacker who pounced on lone women on Parliament Hill in three separate incidents in the last week.
The three terrified victims all suffered bruising after being assualted by the suspect who approached them on a bicycle.
Detectives warned women walking on the Heath to be on their guard following the spate of attacks.
A Met spokesman said: “The community are asked to remain vigilant if walking in this area at night, particularly lone females,”
“All three victims were assaulted, resulting in bruising. At least two of the incidents were motivated by robbery.”
You may also want to watch:
The first attack took place at around 9:50pm on Wednesday August 5.
The other two women were assaulted between 11 and 11:30pm on Saturday night.
- 1 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 2 Burglar of £100k watches and jewellery haul jailed
- 3 Neighbours fight plan for 'out of character' flats above nursery
- 4 Birthday Honours: Period Poverty campaigner Amika George becomes an MBE
- 5 Capita review could see Barnet Council services return in-house
- 6 Food Bank Aid joins estate agent in fight to keep up with demand
- 7 Birthday Honours: Cllr Jonathan Simpson 'astonished' to be made MBE
- 8 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 9 Birthday Honours: Gongs for Arlene Phillips, Jonathan Pryce and Engelbert Humperdinck
- 10 5 days out in London where you can meet the animals
Police appealed for anybody with information or who may have seen the suspect acting suspiciously earlier in the evening to contact Holborn CID on 0208 733 5663 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.