South Hampstead schoolgirl filmed by stalker
- Credit: Archant
Police are hunting a man who followed and filmed a teenage girl as she walked to school in Hampstead.
The year eight pupil, aged 13, was walking down Maresfield Gardens to South Hampstead High School yesterday morning when a man in his 30s approached her and began filming her on his mobile phone.
A South Hampstead spokeswoman said: “He was filming the girl with his mobile phone and then he invaded her personal space and spoke to her. She kept walking and when she got to school she went straight in and told teachers.”
Teachers reported the incident to police who came to the school.
In an email to parents, the school said: The police were informed and will be patrolling both before and after school. Please could you reinforce the message to your daughters that, if they should feel unsafe in any way, they must immediately call the police on 999.”
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “Police were called to reports of man acting suspiciously in Maresfield Garden. He was seen to be filming a female teenage school pupil. When challenged he left the scene.”
He described the suspect as of Asian appearance, aged between 25-35, with cropped black hair and short black beard and wearing tracksuit bottoms, a white t-shirt and dark overcoat.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 3 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 4 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 5 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 9 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 10 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
Anyone with information about the incident at around 8;40am on January 21 should call 101.