Shoplifters are terrifying Hampstead High Street shop staff, says cop
- Credit: Archant
Shoplifters are targeting moneyed Hampstead High Street to make a quick buck and fund their drug habits, a cop has said.
Two clothing shops were recently hit by the same group of crooks and lost out on £1,500 of goods, Pc Saydul “Saf” Karim told subscribers of the “I Love Hampstead” newsletter.
Staff members have been left petrified by the thieves, he added.
But Pc Karim assured: “The Hampstead team is working in partnership with Camden Business Against Crime (CBAC) to try to tackle shoplifters by using a radio system linked to Camden CCTV and the local police.
“As part of this partnership we attend a monthly meeting with local businesses to see how we can help and assist our businesses against shoplifters who are causing such frustration to local shops, often leaving staff members frightened and scared.”
You may also want to watch:
Any business which wants to be part of the CBAC scheme can email email@example.com
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 4 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 5 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 6 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 7 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 8 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 9 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham
- 10 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops