Shoplifters are terrifying Hampstead High Street shop staff, says cop
- Credit: Archant
Shoplifters are targeting moneyed Hampstead High Street to make a quick buck and fund their drug habits, a cop has said.
Two clothing shops were recently hit by the same group of crooks and lost out on £1,500 of goods, Pc Saydul “Saf” Karim told subscribers of the “I Love Hampstead” newsletter.
Staff members have been left petrified by the thieves, he added.
But Pc Karim assured: “The Hampstead team is working in partnership with Camden Business Against Crime (CBAC) to try to tackle shoplifters by using a radio system linked to Camden CCTV and the local police.
“As part of this partnership we attend a monthly meeting with local businesses to see how we can help and assist our businesses against shoplifters who are causing such frustration to local shops, often leaving staff members frightened and scared.”
You may also want to watch:
Any business which wants to be part of the CBAC scheme can email email@example.com
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 3 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 4 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 5 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 6 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 7 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 8 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 9 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 10 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more