Shoplifters are terrifying Hampstead High Street shop staff, says cop
- Credit: Archant
Shoplifters are targeting moneyed Hampstead High Street to make a quick buck and fund their drug habits, a cop has said.
Two clothing shops were recently hit by the same group of crooks and lost out on £1,500 of goods, Pc Saydul “Saf” Karim told subscribers of the “I Love Hampstead” newsletter.
Staff members have been left petrified by the thieves, he added.
But Pc Karim assured: “The Hampstead team is working in partnership with Camden Business Against Crime (CBAC) to try to tackle shoplifters by using a radio system linked to Camden CCTV and the local police.
“As part of this partnership we attend a monthly meeting with local businesses to see how we can help and assist our businesses against shoplifters who are causing such frustration to local shops, often leaving staff members frightened and scared.”
Any business which wants to be part of the CBAC scheme can email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 2 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 3 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 4 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 5 Possible travel disruptions in north London this week
- 6 CCTV: Man makes ‘sexually explicit comments’ to teen on tube
- 7 Susan Jones obituary: A 'humble' Muswell Hill shop owner of 40 years
- 8 Artist with autism exhibits vibrant London scenes at Lido Cafe
- 9 North London Chorus to perform in Muswell Hill
- 10 Alexandra Palace chief executive to leave in 2022