Police appeal for information after broad daylight gunfight in West Hampstead
- Credit: Archant
Police are calling for information after an argument escalated into a gunfight in broad daylight yesterday afternoon, and left at least one man injured.
Officers received multiple calls just after 12.10pm to reports of gunshots in Mutrix Road, in West Hampstead.
It was reported that a group of men were having an argument, before a number of gunshots were heard.
Officers, including firearms officers, attended the scene. Despite a search, no suspects or victims were found.
However according to the Met, a short time later, a 23-year-old man went to an A&E department at a central London hospital with a gunshot wound to his leg.
You may also want to watch:
His injuries are not life-threatening. The Met also told the Ham&High that a section 60 order wasn’t put in to place, despite rumours circulating locally.
No arrests have been made, and detectives from the Trident and Area Crime Command are investigating.
- 1 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 2 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 3 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 4 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 5 Russia 'responsible for assassinating' Muswell Hill resident Litvinenko
- 6 Puppy pampering, parties and pastry: Inside Hampstead's Dandie Dog Cafe
- 7 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 8 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 9 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 10 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101, quoting crime reference number CAD 4115 of Jan 16.
Information can also be reported anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.