Police appeal for information after broad daylight gunfight in West Hampstead
- Credit: Archant
Police are calling for information after an argument escalated into a gunfight in broad daylight yesterday afternoon, and left at least one man injured.
Officers received multiple calls just after 12.10pm to reports of gunshots in Mutrix Road, in West Hampstead.
It was reported that a group of men were having an argument, before a number of gunshots were heard.
Officers, including firearms officers, attended the scene. Despite a search, no suspects or victims were found.
However according to the Met, a short time later, a 23-year-old man went to an A&E department at a central London hospital with a gunshot wound to his leg.
You may also want to watch:
His injuries are not life-threatening. The Met also told the Ham&High that a section 60 order wasn’t put in to place, despite rumours circulating locally.
No arrests have been made, and detectives from the Trident and Area Crime Command are investigating.
- 1 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 2 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 3 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 4 The Magdala returns as pubs and restaurants reopen indoors on May 17
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'
- 7 Zookeeper's sponsored swim as London Zoo reopens indoor areas
- 8 Singing in a choir can 'change the world and boost mental health'
- 9 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 10 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101, quoting crime reference number CAD 4115 of Jan 16.
Information can also be reported anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.