Sexual assault near Hampstead Garden Suburb school
Police increase patrols in area after sexual assault near school
The girl was leaving Henrietta Barnet school at around 3.40pm on Monday and walking down an alleyway off Central Square when she heard someone running behind her.
As she turned round she saw the suspect running towards her, he pushed her to the ground and assaulted her before running off.
The suspect is described as a white man aged in his 20s of medium build wearing black clothing and a black hat.
Detective Inspector Caroline Haines of Sapphire said: “This was a very frightening incident for the victim and we are making sure that she is fully supported by specially trained officers throughout this process.
You may also want to watch:
“This assault happened at a busy time and I would like to speak to anyone who may have seen a man fitting this description in the area at the time.”
Chief Inspector Simon Causer of Barnet police added: “We understand the local community will be very concerned about this incident and we are working closely with them to provide reassurance.
- 1 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 2 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 3 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 6 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 7 Russia 'responsible for assassinating' Muswell Hill resident Litvinenko
- 8 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 9 Puppy pampering, parties and pastry: Inside Hampstead's Dandie Dog Cafe
- 10 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
“Fortunately assaults of this nature in Barnet are rare but we have increased patrols in the area, especially at the end of the school day, and we will continue to provide this presence as appropriate.
“The schools officer and the local Safer Neighbourhoods Team are liaising with the school whilst supporting the Sapphire officers with their investigation.”
No arrests have yet been made.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Sapphire Unit on 020 8733 5062 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.