Serbian student living in Camden is charged with preparing for acts of terrorism
- Credit: Archant
A 20-year-old Serbian student living in Camden has been charged with preparing for acts of terrorism.
David Souaan was yesterday charged under Section 5 of the Terrorism Act 2006 following an investigation by the Metropolitan Police’s Counter Terrorism Command, known as SO15.
Souann, of the College Hall student accommodation block in Malet Street, Bloomsbury, was accused of having the “intention of committing acts of terrorism” and “engaging in conduct in preparation for giving effect to your intention”.
He was arrested at Heathrow airport on suspicion of preparing for acts of terrorism on Saturday, May 31.
Police carried out a search at an address in Camden after the arrest.
You may also want to watch:
Souaan was remanded in custody to appear at Westminster Magistrates’ Court today.
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 4 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 5 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 6 'Important for mental health': Royal Free commits to maintaining new gardens
- 7 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 8 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 9 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 10 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change