Serbian student living in Camden is charged with preparing for acts of terrorism
- Credit: Archant
A 20-year-old Serbian student living in Camden has been charged with preparing for acts of terrorism.
David Souaan was yesterday charged under Section 5 of the Terrorism Act 2006 following an investigation by the Metropolitan Police’s Counter Terrorism Command, known as SO15.
Souann, of the College Hall student accommodation block in Malet Street, Bloomsbury, was accused of having the “intention of committing acts of terrorism” and “engaging in conduct in preparation for giving effect to your intention”.
He was arrested at Heathrow airport on suspicion of preparing for acts of terrorism on Saturday, May 31.
Police carried out a search at an address in Camden after the arrest.
You may also want to watch:
Souaan was remanded in custody to appear at Westminster Magistrates’ Court today.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 4 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 8 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted