Serbian student living in Camden is charged with preparing for acts of terrorism
- Credit: Archant
A 20-year-old Serbian student living in Camden has been charged with preparing for acts of terrorism.
David Souaan was yesterday charged under Section 5 of the Terrorism Act 2006 following an investigation by the Metropolitan Police’s Counter Terrorism Command, known as SO15.
Souann, of the College Hall student accommodation block in Malet Street, Bloomsbury, was accused of having the “intention of committing acts of terrorism” and “engaging in conduct in preparation for giving effect to your intention”.
He was arrested at Heathrow airport on suspicion of preparing for acts of terrorism on Saturday, May 31.
Police carried out a search at an address in Camden after the arrest.
You may also want to watch:
Souaan was remanded in custody to appear at Westminster Magistrates’ Court today.
- 1 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 2 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 3 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 4 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 7 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 8 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 9 Letters: The floods!
- 10 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps