Senior Camden Council officer sacked for misusing council credit card
- Credit: Archant
A senior member of Camden Council has been sacked after she was found to have misused a council credit card.
Head of business administration Ruth Anderson was removed from her post just over two weeks ago following an investigation by the council’s anti-fraud and investigation team, who discovered discrepancies in the use of a council credit card.
The amount in question was not thought to be more than £1,000.
A spokesman for Camden Council said: “We can confirm that a member of staff has recently been dismissed for gross misconduct relating to the improper use of a council purchase card.
“The matter was referred to our anti-fraud and investigation team to investigate and the appropriate action was taken.
You may also want to watch:
“We are successfully recovering any monies misappropriated to ensure that there is no financial loss to taxpayers.”
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 5 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 6 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 7 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 8 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 9 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 10 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83