Senior Camden Council officer sacked for misusing council credit card
- Credit: Archant
A senior member of Camden Council has been sacked after she was found to have misused a council credit card.
Head of business administration Ruth Anderson was removed from her post just over two weeks ago following an investigation by the council’s anti-fraud and investigation team, who discovered discrepancies in the use of a council credit card.
The amount in question was not thought to be more than £1,000.
A spokesman for Camden Council said: “We can confirm that a member of staff has recently been dismissed for gross misconduct relating to the improper use of a council purchase card.
“The matter was referred to our anti-fraud and investigation team to investigate and the appropriate action was taken.
“We are successfully recovering any monies misappropriated to ensure that there is no financial loss to taxpayers.”
- 1 'Unimaginable loss': Father and daughter stabbed to death in north London
- 2 Covid-19: Omicron cases confirmed in Haringey and Barnet
- 3 Covid-19: Omicron variant case confirmed in Camden
- 4 Camden Market has major makeover with new cinema, shops and food stalls
- 5 Barnet chemist named independent pharmacy of the year
- 6 Masked-up Boris Johnson poses for selfies at Wood Green care centre
- 7 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 8 Two people flee in Finchley flat fire caused by faulty radiator
- 9 Stunning light trail wraps up Kenwood like a giant Christmas present
- 10 Highgate's new butcher offers wine pairing and cooking advice