Security guard stole from Jewish school’s charity collection
A security guard at an orthodox Jewish school in Golders Green has been jailed for nine months after repeatedly stealing money from the school’s charity collection.
Schneur Simmons would regularly slip into Torah Vodaas Primary School on the Sabbath knowing he would be undisturbed, using door codes and keys he had obtained while working at the school, Wood Green Crown Court heard.
He would ransack the school office and empty the cash from charity boxes to feed his drug habit.
After one break-in on over the summer, forensic experts found his finger print on a collection box at the school and CCTV also placed him at the scene.
On Monday (November 12), Simmons, of Finchley Road, pleaded guilty to four counts of burglary at the school.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Tony Silcox said: “Simmons took advantage of a position of trust to steal from a vulnerable institution without regard to the consequences. Drugs played a significant role in this sad story.”
The school’s principal said Simmons abuse of trust had been “distressing” and he had caused significant damage and disruption at the school.
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 3 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 4 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 5 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 6 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 7 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 8 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 9 Wine, cheese and caviar: New bar to open in South End Green
- 10 Prince William brings environmental Earthshot Prize ceremony to Ally Pally