Security guard stole from Jewish school’s charity collection
A security guard at an orthodox Jewish school in Golders Green has been jailed for nine months after repeatedly stealing money from the school’s charity collection.
Schneur Simmons would regularly slip into Torah Vodaas Primary School on the Sabbath knowing he would be undisturbed, using door codes and keys he had obtained while working at the school, Wood Green Crown Court heard.
He would ransack the school office and empty the cash from charity boxes to feed his drug habit.
After one break-in on over the summer, forensic experts found his finger print on a collection box at the school and CCTV also placed him at the scene.
On Monday (November 12), Simmons, of Finchley Road, pleaded guilty to four counts of burglary at the school.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Tony Silcox said: “Simmons took advantage of a position of trust to steal from a vulnerable institution without regard to the consequences. Drugs played a significant role in this sad story.”
The school’s principal said Simmons abuse of trust had been “distressing” and he had caused significant damage and disruption at the school.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 9 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 10 Myanmar ambassador pleads for help from Hampstead doorstep