Security guard stole from Jewish school’s charity collection
A security guard at an orthodox Jewish school in Golders Green has been jailed for nine months after repeatedly stealing money from the school’s charity collection.
Schneur Simmons would regularly slip into Torah Vodaas Primary School on the Sabbath knowing he would be undisturbed, using door codes and keys he had obtained while working at the school, Wood Green Crown Court heard.
He would ransack the school office and empty the cash from charity boxes to feed his drug habit.
After one break-in on over the summer, forensic experts found his finger print on a collection box at the school and CCTV also placed him at the scene.
On Monday (November 12), Simmons, of Finchley Road, pleaded guilty to four counts of burglary at the school.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Tony Silcox said: “Simmons took advantage of a position of trust to steal from a vulnerable institution without regard to the consequences. Drugs played a significant role in this sad story.”
The school’s principal said Simmons abuse of trust had been “distressing” and he had caused significant damage and disruption at the school.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 3 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 6 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 7 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 8 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 10 'Time for the government to face up to the climate emergency'