Second woman arrested over fatal stabbing of Shakira Mercedes in Chalk Farm
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the fatal stabbing of Shakira Mercedes in Chalk Farm have arrested a second person
A 26-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of murder on Thursday. She has been taken to an east London police station where she remains for questioning.
Earlier in the week a 35-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of murder and has since been released under investigation.
Police were called to Belmont Street at 11.10pm to reports of a stabbing. She was treated by officers and paramedics but died at the scene.
A formal identification is yet to take place, but police are confident they know her identity and next-of-kin have been informed. She has been named locally as Shakira Mercedes.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem was held yesterday and found the cause of death to be a single stab wound. Formal identification will take place today.
Two other women were found at the scene with slash injuries that are not thought to be life threatening. They have been taken to hospital where they have since been discharged.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 6 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 7 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 8 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 9 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 0208 345 3375. Alternatively, they can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.