Schoolgirl, 12, fights off attacker with Israeli army self defence moves
- Credit: Archant
A brave 12-year-old schoolgirl fought off a man who attacked her by kneeing him in the groin - using combat techniques developed by Mosad agents and the Israeli army
The youngster was walking home at around 6pm on her way back from a Krav Maga combat class in Frognal when she was attacked by a man who grabbed hold of her.
Her mother said: “With her year plus of Krav Maga training, she reacted quickly elbowing the perpetrator and then kneeing them in the groin before taking off at a clip to safety before calling me,”
She has added: “She did not see what the person looked like or was wearing as her only concern was to react and get out of there. She did say when the hand grabbed her, it felt large like a man.”
The parent added: “I know there have been a spate of confrontations between men and local area school girls (she had changed back into her school uniform after Krav Maga) so I wanted to make you aware that someone remains at large and they are still “targeting” school aged girls.”
You may also want to watch:
“She is home safely for which we are grateful.”
Krav Maga, meaning contact combat in Hebrew, is a self-defence technique developed for the Israeli military and also used by the Israeli secret service Mosad.
- 1 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 2 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 3 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 5 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 6 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 7 Toilets, the Ponds, Streatery, Nazanin and Palestine
- 8 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 9 Arteta asks Arsenal to use 'pain' to punish West Brom
- 10 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
It combines techniques sourced from Boxing, Muay Thai, Judo, Jujutsu and Wrestling along with realistic fight training.