Samurai sword and machete seized in Highgate’s Hillcrest Estate
- Credit: Archant
Police have seized a samurai sword and a machete in Highgate’s Hillcrest Estate.
It came after members of the estate’s new Neighbourhood Watch group alerted cops to “suspicious activity” from several males on Sunday last week, with one of them seen hiding a knife.
Highgate officers then patrolled the estate and found four further weapons on a sweep: one samurai sword, one machete and two hatchets.
Haringey Police volunteer Christina Davis praised the impact of the Neighbourhood Watch group, adding: “Having only been going for several months, this new group has already alerted the police to several stolen vehicles parked on the estate and other incidents of suspicious behaviour.
“If any other areas in Muswell Hill, Highgate or Crouch End are interested in forming a group, our co-ordinator Pauline Syddell would be very glad to hear from you.”
You may also want to watch:
She can be emailed on firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 6 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 7 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 8 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 9 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actor dies aged 52
- 10 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up