Samurai sword and machete seized in Highgate’s Hillcrest Estate
- Credit: Archant
Police have seized a samurai sword and a machete in Highgate’s Hillcrest Estate.
It came after members of the estate’s new Neighbourhood Watch group alerted cops to “suspicious activity” from several males on Sunday last week, with one of them seen hiding a knife.
Highgate officers then patrolled the estate and found four further weapons on a sweep: one samurai sword, one machete and two hatchets.
Haringey Police volunteer Christina Davis praised the impact of the Neighbourhood Watch group, adding: “Having only been going for several months, this new group has already alerted the police to several stolen vehicles parked on the estate and other incidents of suspicious behaviour.
“If any other areas in Muswell Hill, Highgate or Crouch End are interested in forming a group, our co-ordinator Pauline Syddell would be very glad to hear from you.”
You may also want to watch:
She can be emailed on email@example.com
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 6 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Billy Vunipola fails to impress as Saracens lose to Ealing
- 9 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 10 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'