Samurai sword and machete seized in Highgate’s Hillcrest Estate
- Credit: Archant
Police have seized a samurai sword and a machete in Highgate’s Hillcrest Estate.
It came after members of the estate’s new Neighbourhood Watch group alerted cops to “suspicious activity” from several males on Sunday last week, with one of them seen hiding a knife.
Highgate officers then patrolled the estate and found four further weapons on a sweep: one samurai sword, one machete and two hatchets.
Haringey Police volunteer Christina Davis praised the impact of the Neighbourhood Watch group, adding: “Having only been going for several months, this new group has already alerted the police to several stolen vehicles parked on the estate and other incidents of suspicious behaviour.
“If any other areas in Muswell Hill, Highgate or Crouch End are interested in forming a group, our co-ordinator Pauline Syddell would be very glad to hear from you.”
You may also want to watch:
She can be emailed on firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 2 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 3 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Muswell Hill club wins 'Premier League' of junior chess
- 6 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 7 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 8 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds