Samurai sword and machete seized in Highgate’s Hillcrest Estate
- Credit: Archant
Police have seized a samurai sword and a machete in Highgate’s Hillcrest Estate.
It came after members of the estate’s new Neighbourhood Watch group alerted cops to “suspicious activity” from several males on Sunday last week, with one of them seen hiding a knife.
Highgate officers then patrolled the estate and found four further weapons on a sweep: one samurai sword, one machete and two hatchets.
Haringey Police volunteer Christina Davis praised the impact of the Neighbourhood Watch group, adding: “Having only been going for several months, this new group has already alerted the police to several stolen vehicles parked on the estate and other incidents of suspicious behaviour.
“If any other areas in Muswell Hill, Highgate or Crouch End are interested in forming a group, our co-ordinator Pauline Syddell would be very glad to hear from you.”
You may also want to watch:
She can be emailed on firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 2 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 3 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 6 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 7 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 8 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 9 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 10 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation