Sakhira Loseke stabbing: Woman appears in court charged with murder of young mum in Chalk Farm
- Credit: Archant
A woman has appeared in court charged with the murder of Sahkira Mercedes Gwendolin Loseke.
Siobhan Collins-Grant, 26, was charged with Sakhira's killing on Friday, 13 September before appearing at Barkingside Magistrates' Court the next day - where she was remanded to appear at the Old Bailey on September 17.
Sakhira, 22, was killed late on the evening of September 8. She had suffered a single stab wound in Belmont Street, Chalk Farm.
Police were called at 23.13pm but Sakhira - who sometimes used her second name Mercedes as a last name - was pronounced dead at the scene at 23:55hrs.
A 35-year-old woman who was previously arrested on suspicion of murder has been released under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from the Met's Specialist Crime squad continue to investigate, and anyone with information is asked to call police on 020 8345 3775.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Two teenagers stabbed in Kilburn and South Hampstead in separate attacks
- 2 Leila Roy tributes: 'We will miss her energy and her big heart'
- 3 WATCH: Hampstead 8-year-old teaches history to audience of thousands
- 4 Patients being treated in hospital for Covid falls by a quarter
- 5 Camden disabled resident on fears over Haverstock Hill cycle lanes
- 6 'Real disappointment' over uptake of Covid vaccine among care home staff
- 7 Remembering 'positive, caring and kind' Hornsey pupil Amy
- 8 Highgate band take music on the road for an 'impossible tour'
- 9 Call to remember John Le Carré during Hampstead Heath celebrations
- 10 Joe Montemurro full of praise for Jordan Nobbs following Arsenal's win over Aston Villa