Robbery suspect who died was 36-year-old from Camden Town
- Credit: Archant
A robbery suspect who died after being detained by members of the public has been named as a man from Camden Town.
Gabriel Frapiccini, 36, of York Way, suffered a cardiac arrest following a robbery in Holloway Road, Islington on October 8.
When police officers arrived on the scene at about 22.45pm, members of the public had apprehended the suspected robber.
He was handcuffed by police but not placed under arrest.
Police said Mr Frapiccini then “appeared unwell” and called the London Ambulance Service.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to hospital but died at 12.12am on October 9.
A post-mortemm on October 10 was inconclusive.
- 1 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 2 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 3 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 4 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 5 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 6 Four charged following reports of antisemitism in St John's Wood
- 7 Theatre review: Crouch End and Upminster collide in modern love story
- 8 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 9 'My theatre group saved my life on a Zoom call,' says amputee
- 10 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
His death is being investigated by the Metropolitan Police’s Homicide and Major Crime Command and the case has also been referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC).
Next of kin have been informed of Mr Frapiccini’s death.