Robbery suspect who died was 36-year-old from Camden Town
- Credit: Archant
A robbery suspect who died after being detained by members of the public has been named as a man from Camden Town.
Gabriel Frapiccini, 36, of York Way, suffered a cardiac arrest following a robbery in Holloway Road, Islington on October 8.
When police officers arrived on the scene at about 22.45pm, members of the public had apprehended the suspected robber.
He was handcuffed by police but not placed under arrest.
Police said Mr Frapiccini then “appeared unwell” and called the London Ambulance Service.
He was taken to hospital but died at 12.12am on October 9.
A post-mortemm on October 10 was inconclusive.
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 3 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 4 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 5 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 6 3,000 new council homes for Haringey over next ten years
- 7 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead
- 8 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 9 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 10 Roadworks and rail disruptions in north London over the next week
His death is being investigated by the Metropolitan Police’s Homicide and Major Crime Command and the case has also been referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC).
Next of kin have been informed of Mr Frapiccini’s death.