Police make fourth arrest over Regent's Park Estate shooting
- Credit: Archant
The Metropolitan Police has arrested a fourth person over the Regent's Park Estate shooting which left four people in hospital.
On Thursday a 22-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of possession of a firearm with intent.
Earlier that day, armed police were seen on the estate and the Met confirmed this was part of the same operation.
The shooting took place on Saturday evening in Clarence Gardens, where a barbecue had been taking place.
Another 22-year-old and two teenagers had already been detained.
Officers arrested a 22-year-old man on Tuesday (August 17) on suspicion of possession of a firearm with intent.
On Wednesday (August 18) a 16-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of possession of an offensive weapon and robbery, and later for possession of a firearm with intent.
- 1 North London road and rail disruptions in the week ahead
- 2 Fire brigade extinguish St Pancras station electrical fire
- 3 Drug runner caught at Euston with heroin in underwear jailed for four years
- 4 The story of a pond returning to Hampstead Heath
- 5 Guilty: Woman stirred up racial hatred with social media posts on Grenfell
- 6 Cirque du Soleil: Luzia Royal Albert Hall ****
- 7 How a stray Hampstead cat changed the life of artist Louis Wain
- 8 Hampstead retail site snapped up for £7m by property firm
- 9 Nine of London's best vegan restaurants to try this Veganuary
- 10 Haringey 'virtual parking permits' to tackle blue badge thefts
A 17-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply, and then for possession of a firearm with intent. All four remain in custody.
Officers continue to investigate, and Det Sgt Val John-Baptiste repeated a call for witnesses to come forward. The Met said there would continue to be a police presence on the estate.
To pass on information or footage, call police on 101 or tweet @MetCC quoting reference CAD7619/14AUG.
Information can also be provided anonymously via Crimestoppers at 0800 555 111 or online.