Regent's Park cyclist's appeal after mystery incident leads to brain bleed
- Credit: MPS Royal Parks / Google
A cyclist who suffered a bleed on the the brain after a mystery incident in Regent's Park is looking for help to find out what happened to him.
The man was commuting between 7.20 and 7.40am on August 11 when something - he does not know what - happened to him. He suffered a brain bleed and a concussion, but didn't discover this until later that day.
He was cycling by the Hanover Gate in the Outer Circle.
After the incident, which must have involved him being unseated from his bike, he got back on and cycled to work. It was only when he later felt ill that he went to hospital and discovered the extent of his injuries.
He reported the incident to police a week later, and officers and Royal Parks officials are now seeking to help him work out what happened.
The Royal Parks's dedicate police officer Will Richards tweeted: "A male has got in contact with @theroyalparks to ask if anyone can piece together for him how he came to suffer a bleed on the brain and concussion while cycling to work. He has no memory of how he came to be so seriously injured!"
He also clarified: "His bike has a minor scuff to the front handlebar, and a misaligned front wheel. We simply don't know if any vehicle was involved or not."
Regent's Park is managed by The Royal Parks, who also tweeted: "The person involved didn't realise the seriousness of the incident until later, so they actually got up and rode off before going to hospital, then contacted us/the police to see if we could help them work out what happened.
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 3 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 4 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 5 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 6 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 7 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 8 'Large cannabis factory’ discovered on Frobisher Road
- 9 Hornsey Exchange opening first step in bringing town hall 'back to life'
- 10 Haringey to splash £54m on Civic Centre makeover and extension
"No conspiracy here, just trying to help."
Safe cycling in Regent's Park has long been a disputed issue, with the lack of any scheme to replace the cancelled CS11 cycle superhighway often criticised.
It would have seen the Regent's Park gates shut to traffic at key times to protect cyclists.