Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- Credit: Met Police
A Primrose Hill candlelight vigil will be held this evening (October 20) in memory of Nicole Hurley.
The mother-of-four was stabbed to death in Broxwood Way on October 10. Jason Bell, 40, has been charged with her murder.
Tonight's vigil will begin at 7.30pm at the Kingsland Estate, where Nicole lived, and mourners will walk together to the top of Primrose Hill.
Members of the community have laid tributes of candles and flowers and a fundraiser to raise money for the funeral and other associated costs has already raised over £38,000.
Extra money will be used to support Nicole's children, Jason, Nicole, Violet and Amira, described as "bright, ambitious, curious and generous".
Neighbour Brigitte Clements, who set up the page, said: "We feel great sadness and shock. Nicole was a lovely person – super friendly, really nice.
"The kids are always out running around. They are an absolute joy.
"They help build our planters, they go above and beyond to help. They are still at school and keep their heads down. They are great and that's a testament to Nicole as a mother. She was 100% devoted to them."
To donate visit uk.gf.me/v/c/vwxn/in-memory-of-nicole-hurley
- 1 Susan Jones obituary: A 'humble' Muswell Hill shop owner of 40 years
- 2 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 3 Artist with autism exhibits vibrant London scenes at Lido Cafe
- 4 North London Chorus to perform in Muswell Hill
- 5 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 6 Alexandra Palace chief executive to leave in 2022
- 7 Covid-19: How Hampstead and Highgate's current figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 8 'Someone is responsible for council spending £23m on office block'
- 9 Highgate Hill housing plans spark fears over new pub's future
- 10 Haringey Council SEND failures: 'Some parents are on antidepressants'