Police try to seize �20,000 from fugitive Highgate brothel madam
Officers are trying to seize almost �20,000 from a Highgate brothel manager who is still on the run from police.
Tugba Atila was sentenced to three years in prison for running a string of brothels “like a dictator”, but fled before she could be sent down.
Police are trying to seize �19,490 of her assets through the courts, with the next hearing set to take place on January 4 at Westminster Magistrates Court.
Atila, from Ridgeway Gardens, ran a dozen bordellos in Tottenham and Wood Green staffed by cash-strapped women from eastern Europe who serviced local Turkish men.
The brothel madam is still being hunted by the police after failing to show up at Southwark Crown Court on February 3.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman said Atila was still a “wanted” woman.
- 1 Camden Covid-19 vaccine bus comes to JW3
- 2 Cyclist dies after Crouch End car door crash, police appeal for witnesses
- 3 Man in hospital after stabbing in Crouch End
- 4 Highgate residents challenge plans for 'intrusive' 16-metre 5G mast
- 5 Builders finish first block in controversial Hornsey Town Hall development
- 6 Eleven things to do at the 2021 Highgate Festival
- 7 'Antisemitic abuse was aimed at me because of my kippah' says faith leader
- 8 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'
- 9 Camden's £50k Covid-19 fall in house prices bucks north London trend
- 10 Covid-19 Delta variant cases rising in north London