Police try to seize �20,000 from fugitive Highgate brothel madam
Officers are trying to seize almost �20,000 from a Highgate brothel manager who is still on the run from police.
Tugba Atila was sentenced to three years in prison for running a string of brothels “like a dictator”, but fled before she could be sent down.
Police are trying to seize �19,490 of her assets through the courts, with the next hearing set to take place on January 4 at Westminster Magistrates Court.
Atila, from Ridgeway Gardens, ran a dozen bordellos in Tottenham and Wood Green staffed by cash-strapped women from eastern Europe who serviced local Turkish men.
The brothel madam is still being hunted by the police after failing to show up at Southwark Crown Court on February 3.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman said Atila was still a “wanted” woman.
- 1 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 2 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 3 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 4 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 5 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 6 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 7 For sale: Suggs' former 'bachelor pad' with gold-gilded underground bar
- 8 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 9 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 10 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath