Police try to seize �20,000 from fugitive Highgate brothel madam
Officers are trying to seize almost �20,000 from a Highgate brothel manager who is still on the run from police.
Tugba Atila was sentenced to three years in prison for running a string of brothels “like a dictator”, but fled before she could be sent down.
Police are trying to seize �19,490 of her assets through the courts, with the next hearing set to take place on January 4 at Westminster Magistrates Court.
Atila, from Ridgeway Gardens, ran a dozen bordellos in Tottenham and Wood Green staffed by cash-strapped women from eastern Europe who serviced local Turkish men.
The brothel madam is still being hunted by the police after failing to show up at Southwark Crown Court on February 3.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman said Atila was still a “wanted” woman.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 9 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 10 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill