Police try to seize �20,000 from fugitive Highgate brothel madam
Officers are trying to seize almost �20,000 from a Highgate brothel manager who is still on the run from police.
Tugba Atila was sentenced to three years in prison for running a string of brothels “like a dictator”, but fled before she could be sent down.
Police are trying to seize �19,490 of her assets through the courts, with the next hearing set to take place on January 4 at Westminster Magistrates Court.
Atila, from Ridgeway Gardens, ran a dozen bordellos in Tottenham and Wood Green staffed by cash-strapped women from eastern Europe who serviced local Turkish men.
The brothel madam is still being hunted by the police after failing to show up at Southwark Crown Court on February 3.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman said Atila was still a “wanted” woman.
- 1 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 2 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 3 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Prince Philip's funeral: Camden firm Levertons to make arrangements
- 5 Prince Philip remembered in pictures: London Zoo visits and trips to the theatre
- 6 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 7 'Negligence put lives at risk': £10k fine after fire at unlicensed HMO
- 8 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 9 Church closes Highgate path over 'antisocial behaviour and assault'
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'