Police try to seize �20,000 from fugitive Highgate brothel madam
Officers are trying to seize almost �20,000 from a Highgate brothel manager who is still on the run from police.
Tugba Atila was sentenced to three years in prison for running a string of brothels “like a dictator”, but fled before she could be sent down.
Police are trying to seize �19,490 of her assets through the courts, with the next hearing set to take place on January 4 at Westminster Magistrates Court.
Atila, from Ridgeway Gardens, ran a dozen bordellos in Tottenham and Wood Green staffed by cash-strapped women from eastern Europe who serviced local Turkish men.
The brothel madam is still being hunted by the police after failing to show up at Southwark Crown Court on February 3.
A police spokeswoman said Atila was still a “wanted” woman.
- 1 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 2 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 3 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 4 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 5 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 6 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 7 Could Adama Traore be on his way to Tottenham?
- 8 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 9 Covid patient numbers levelling out after Christmas rise, data suggests
- 10 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'