Police taser man ‘attacking people’ in Regent’s Park Mosque
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
Officers were called early this morning at 1.22am to reports of a man attacking people at Regents Park Mosque.
Police attended and found a man waving an object around, although there were no reports of anyone injured.
The man was tasered and arrested on suspicion of affray and has been taken into custody at a central London police station.
The item being waved was found to be a shoe horn taken from the Mosque.
The incident is not being treated as terrorism related at this time.
Officers are keeping an open mind regarding any motivation for the incident.
Enquiries by Westminster officers are ongoing.
- 1 Barnet: Three arrested as victim of fatal stabbing named
- 2 Spurs survive 'Lasagna-gate 2' and it's over to Arsenal
- 3 Man in his 30s stabbed to death
- 4 West Hampstead woman's kids' clothes success story
- 5 Motorcyclist injured in Highgate Hill collision
- 6 Hampstead pharmacy under investigation over extra charges for prescriptions
- 7 'The law isn't important to us': Car tyres deflated by activists in Camden
- 8 Beloved father choked to death on cauliflower after Highgate Care Home 'neglect'
- 9 St John's Wood nursery 'requires improvement' after surprise Ofsted visit
- 10 'Lianne La Havas gets big love from Koko crowd'
Any witnesses, or anyone with any information, can contact police in Westminster via 101, or via Twitter @MetCC.
To give information anonymously call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org.