Police step up patrols around Hampstead schools after spate or road rage incidents
- Credit: Archant
Police have stepped up patrols outside schools in Hampstead - after a spate of road rage incidents during school run times.
Police have stepped up patrols outside schools in Hampstead - after a spate of road rage incidents during busy school run times.
PC Edward Bromilow, of the Frognal and Fitzjohns safer neighbourhoods team, said: “We are continuing our on/off presence outside the schools around Fitzjohn’s, less so for the parent crime and more so for traffic issues, as I have been made aware of a few road rage reports.”
PC Bromilow said: “This isn’t needed at all, especially when children are involved.”
The area around Fitzjohns Avenue and Arkwright Road is a notorious school run blackspot with the high concentration of schools with hundreds of parents in cars descending on the area in the morning and mid-afternoon to pick up and drop off their children and fighting over a limited number of parking spaces.
You may also want to watch:
PC Bromilow warned: “If I do come across anyone acting like this I will take appropriate action for any offences made out.”
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 4 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 5 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Former pupils launch creative fund to honour inspirational teacher