Police seize ‘zombie killer knife’ from man in Camden Town
- Credit: Archant
Police officers have seized a 2ft-long “zombie killer” knife that was hidden in the bushes near the canal in Camden Town.
Officers were on patrol in Camden High Street on Saturday at 1.30am when they saw three men on the tow path.
The males ran off on seeing the police but CCTV showed the men placing items into nearby bushes.
When police searched the foliage, they found 20 sealed bags of herbal cannabis and the enormous “zombie knife”.
An hour later, CCTV caught a man on camera searching through the bushes for the items.
Police were alerted and arrested a 17-year-old on suspicion of intent to supply cannabis and possession of an offensive weapon.
He has been bailed until January.
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 3 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 4 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 5 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club
- 6 Sexual offence reports at record levels in Camden, Haringey and Barnet
- 7 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 8 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 9 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 10 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead
“Zombie killer” knives are sold mostly online and are often advertised with joking descriptions that they will arm buyers in preparation of a zombie apocalypse.