Police seize ‘zombie killer knife’ from man in Camden Town
- Credit: Archant
Police officers have seized a 2ft-long “zombie killer” knife that was hidden in the bushes near the canal in Camden Town.
Officers were on patrol in Camden High Street on Saturday at 1.30am when they saw three men on the tow path.
The males ran off on seeing the police but CCTV showed the men placing items into nearby bushes.
When police searched the foliage, they found 20 sealed bags of herbal cannabis and the enormous “zombie knife”.
An hour later, CCTV caught a man on camera searching through the bushes for the items.
You may also want to watch:
Police were alerted and arrested a 17-year-old on suspicion of intent to supply cannabis and possession of an offensive weapon.
He has been bailed until January.
- 1 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 2 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 3 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 4 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 5 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 6 Four charged following reports of antisemitism in St John's Wood
- 7 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 8 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 9 Theatre review: Crouch End and Upminster collide in modern love story
- 10 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
“Zombie killer” knives are sold mostly online and are often advertised with joking descriptions that they will arm buyers in preparation of a zombie apocalypse.