Police seize ‘zombie killer knife’ from man in Camden Town
- Credit: Archant
Police officers have seized a 2ft-long “zombie killer” knife that was hidden in the bushes near the canal in Camden Town.
Officers were on patrol in Camden High Street on Saturday at 1.30am when they saw three men on the tow path.
The males ran off on seeing the police but CCTV showed the men placing items into nearby bushes.
When police searched the foliage, they found 20 sealed bags of herbal cannabis and the enormous “zombie knife”.
An hour later, CCTV caught a man on camera searching through the bushes for the items.
You may also want to watch:
Police were alerted and arrested a 17-year-old on suspicion of intent to supply cannabis and possession of an offensive weapon.
He has been bailed until January.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 4 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 5 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 6 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 7 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 8 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 9 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 10 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
“Zombie killer” knives are sold mostly online and are often advertised with joking descriptions that they will arm buyers in preparation of a zombie apocalypse.