Police seek witnesses after doctor is left battered and bleeding by mugger
A doctor was left battered and bleeding after being set upon by a man armed with “metal piping” outside Hampstead Heath station.
The 49-year-old victim was struck on the back of the head and fell to the ground in Heath Hurst Road on November 10 at 7.15am.
He was ordered to hand over his cash and his phone before the assailant made off towards the station.
The victim walked bleeding to a nearby shop and called police.
He went to the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead where he was treated for cuts to his forehead and the back of his head.
You may also want to watch:
Police are investigating but no arrests have yet been made.
Det Con Chris Turner, from Camden Police’s robbery squad, said: “This was an unprovoked attack on a man going about his normal business in Hampstead. We are thoroughly investigating this robbery, looking at various intelligence information and speaking with the local Safer Neighbourhoods Team.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 4 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 5 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 6 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 7 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
- 8 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 9 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
“We ask that any witnesses come forward and speak with police.”
n Anyone with information should call Camden Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.