Police release e-fit of man wanted in connection with Regent’s Park rape
An e-fit of a man wanted for questioning over the rape of a teenage jogger in Regent’s Park has been released.
Police are appealing for help in tracking down the man who is also described as walking with a distinctive, exaggerated sway from side to side.
The victim was in the south east corner of the park on Saturday May 29 to go for an early morning run.
Just before 7am she was approached by a man who then dragged her into some bushes nearby where she was raped.
The victim was able to get away a short while later and alert a passerby.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is described as a black man, aged 20, 5ft 7ins tall of medium build with short hair, wearing a blue or green t-shirt, dark baseball cap dark jeans and white trainers.
Det Insp Nicky Arrowsmith, Westminster Sapphire Unit, said: “We have had a positive response from park users who were in the area around the time of the incident.
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 Emergency services at Gospel Oak estate over safety concern
- 3 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 4 Famous Parliament Hill view still obscured as nesting birds delay work
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 6 Camden Council wrongly refused housing to domestic abuse victim
- 7 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 8 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 9 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 10 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
“However, if you were in the area and have not come forward to speak to our officers, or if you recognize the man in the e-fit, please contact us immediately.”
Officers are going to the site of the rape on Saturday (June 23) to hand out leaflets featuring an image of the e-fit.
Anyone with information should call police on 020 7321 8040 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.