Police release e-fit image of kidnap suspect
Barnet police have released a photo-fit image in relation to an attempted abduction in Golders Green.
The botched kidnap occurred at 6:20pm on May 25 this year on Hampstead Way.
A lone female jogger heading towards the Heath was grabbed by both arms by the suspect in the image.
He then tried to drag her into some nearby undergrowth, but she managed to break free by kicking out and screaming for help.
The man is described as white, approximately 6 foot 1 inch tall, of proportionate build, with brown hair.
You may also want to watch:
He was wearing thin rimmed glasses and a waist length brown cotton jacket with a hood, dark basketball shorts and black Nike trainers with a yellow tick.
Det Supt Xavier Banaghan, from Barnet’s Crime Investigation Unit, said: “We hope that a member of the public can help us identify this man as soon as possible. His actions indicate he may be a dangerous individual, and we need to find him before his actions can escalate in any way.”
- 1 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 2 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 3 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 4 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 5 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 6 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 7 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 0300 123 1212 or CrimeStoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 giving reference number 2412826/11