Police release CCTV in hunt for man responsible for robbery which left Camden woman, 87, fighting for her life
- Credit: Archant
Three men and a woman have been arrested after artist Stella Magarshack was robbed in her Albert Street home last Tuesday.
The three men, aged 49, 37, 36, and a 34-year-old woman were arrested on Saturday on suspicion of conspiracy to rob.
The 36-year-old man has since been released with no further action and the other three have been bailed to a date in late December pending further enquiries.
Police are continuing to appeal for more information and released a CCTV image of Stella Magarshack leaving Waitrose in Camden High Street at 19:56pm last Tuesday just before she was robbed.
They also released an image of her handbag that was stolen and which has not been recovered.
As previously reported in the Ham&High, Camden artist Stella, 87, who taught at King Alfred’s School in Golders Green, remains in a critical condition in hospital after suffering a brain haemorrhage.
Stella, who grew up in Hampstead and went to New End Primary School, was returning from shopping when a man followed her into her family home. When she asked who he was there to see, he snatched her bag and fled, although police do not know in which direction.
- 1 Highgate School abuse: Staff had to 'shake themselves out of complacency'
- 2 Mum's Balenciaga handbag 'mistakenly' sold by RSPCA charity shop
- 3 Highgate School to overhaul safeguarding after sexual abuse review
- 4 Boy, 15, rushed to hospital after stabbing in Harringay Sainsbury's carpark
- 5 Crouch End pub calls for dialogue over noise complaints
- 6 Man allegedly 'shouted racist abuse' in Waterlow Park
- 7 Man arrested after car overturns on Camden Road
- 8 'Cover-up': Council withheld evidence from watchdog 'behind leader's back'
- 9 Maida Vale victims named as alleged suspect released on bail
- 10 Old American school bus to help north London schools find their zen
Stella entered her flat and told her relative what happened. The relative left the room to call police. When she returned, Stella had collapsed.
Officers will also be at the scene of the robbery in Albert Street tonight seven days on from when the incident happened to appeal for information.
Detective Inspector Adam Ghaboos, who is leading the investigation for Camden CID, said: “We are releasing the images in a bid to catch the person who robbed Stella - she sadly remains in hospital fighting for her life after suffering a brain haemorrhage.
“Stella has lived in Camden all her life so I’m appealing to the members of her local community for their help.
“If you have found a handbag, perhaps discarded in the street or in a local garden, then please get in touch with us.
“Our thoughts are with Stella, and her family and friends, during this difficult time.”
Anyone with information that could assist the investigation is asked to call police in Camden on 101. To give information anonymously contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org.