Police protection officer dies in Camden Town home after suffering gunshot wound
- Credit: Archant
A policeman has died after being found with a gunshot wound at a home in Camden Town yesterday (Tuesday, February 19).
Officers forced entry to a property in King’s Terrace just after 4pm yesterday after concerns were raised about the man.
The 43-year-old, a PC in the Met Police’s Specialist Protection Command, was found with a gunshot injury and was pronounced dead at 4.45pm.
The death is not being treated as suspicious at this stage and next of kin have been informed.
As part of their investigation, officers from the Directorate of Professional Standards (DPS) are looking into whether a police firearm was involved.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination is due to be held and an inquest will be open and adjourned on a date to be fixed.
The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) has been informed.
- 1 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 2 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 3 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 7 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Former pupils launch creative fund to honour inspirational teacher
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill