Police protection officer dies in Camden Town home after suffering gunshot wound
- Credit: Archant
A policeman has died after being found with a gunshot wound at a home in Camden Town yesterday (Tuesday, February 19).
Officers forced entry to a property in King’s Terrace just after 4pm yesterday after concerns were raised about the man.
The 43-year-old, a PC in the Met Police’s Specialist Protection Command, was found with a gunshot injury and was pronounced dead at 4.45pm.
The death is not being treated as suspicious at this stage and next of kin have been informed.
As part of their investigation, officers from the Directorate of Professional Standards (DPS) are looking into whether a police firearm was involved.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination is due to be held and an inquest will be open and adjourned on a date to be fixed.
The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) has been informed.
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 What do you think of the Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill bins?
- 3 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure
- 4 Planning application nears for Murphy's Yard redevelopment
- 5 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 6 Ibiza comes to Kenwood with meditation and music event for 'healthy hedonists'
- 7 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 8 Driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police - Porsche seized
- 9 Tree topples onto neighbour's car after South Hampstead winds
- 10 Mikel Arteta must trust Gabriel Martinelli against Villarreal