Police protection officer dies in Camden Town home after suffering gunshot wound
- Credit: Archant
A policeman has died after being found with a gunshot wound at a home in Camden Town yesterday (Tuesday, February 19).
Officers forced entry to a property in King’s Terrace just after 4pm yesterday after concerns were raised about the man.
The 43-year-old, a PC in the Met Police’s Specialist Protection Command, was found with a gunshot injury and was pronounced dead at 4.45pm.
The death is not being treated as suspicious at this stage and next of kin have been informed.
As part of their investigation, officers from the Directorate of Professional Standards (DPS) are looking into whether a police firearm was involved.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination is due to be held and an inquest will be open and adjourned on a date to be fixed.
The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) has been informed.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 6 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 7 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
- 8 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 9 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 10 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site