Police probing spate of stolen Range Rovers dumped in Vale of Health
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating a “trend” of stolen luxury cars and 4x4s being dumped in the same spot on the edge of Hampstead Heath.
Four “top-of-the-line” Range Rovers and a BMW have been stolen and four of the vehicles were later found dumped in the Vale of Health.
A black Ranger Rover remains missing but the other cars have been returned to owners.
The thefts occurred between Saturday August 9 and Saturday September 13.
A Camden police spokesman said: “Police are investigating these offences and are advising drivers to keep their vehicles secure when parked on the street.”
You may also want to watch:
Sgt Martin Evans, from the Hampstead Town Safer Neighbourhoods Team, said: “If you have any high-value motor vehicle parked on your road that you do not recognise, please contact us on 101 or anonymously on Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 with the make, model and registration number.”
Police reported on a rise in car thefts to the Hampstead Safer Neighbourhood Panel last Wednesday and will be mounting a “special operation” to tackle the issue.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 6 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
- 9 Camden, Haringey and Barnet mark Holocaust Memorial Day
- 10 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named