Police probing spate of stolen Range Rovers dumped in Vale of Health
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating a “trend” of stolen luxury cars and 4x4s being dumped in the same spot on the edge of Hampstead Heath.
Four “top-of-the-line” Range Rovers and a BMW have been stolen and four of the vehicles were later found dumped in the Vale of Health.
A black Ranger Rover remains missing but the other cars have been returned to owners.
The thefts occurred between Saturday August 9 and Saturday September 13.
A Camden police spokesman said: “Police are investigating these offences and are advising drivers to keep their vehicles secure when parked on the street.”
You may also want to watch:
Sgt Martin Evans, from the Hampstead Town Safer Neighbourhoods Team, said: “If you have any high-value motor vehicle parked on your road that you do not recognise, please contact us on 101 or anonymously on Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 with the make, model and registration number.”
Police reported on a rise in car thefts to the Hampstead Safer Neighbourhood Panel last Wednesday and will be mounting a “special operation” to tackle the issue.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 3 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 4 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 5 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 6 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 7 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 8 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 9 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 10 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success