Police make breakthrough in politician murder case
A MAN from Camden has been arrested in connection with the murder of Pakistani politician Dr Imran Farooq.
The 34-year-old was also being questioned over a robbery committed in October 2009.
Dr Farooq, 50, was on his way home from work when he was attacked in Green Lane, Edgeware shortly before 15.30pm on Thursday, 16 September.
He was found suffering from stab wounds and head injuries. Detectives believe there are other people who may hold vital information about the attack and are urging them to come forward.
Police want to speak to two men in connection with the attack – one is Asian, in his late 20s or early 30s, 5ft 5ins tall, of slim build, with piercing eyes, a pointed, pale-skinned face, short black hair and a goatee-style beard.
You may also want to watch:
The second man is also Asian, aged in his 30s, of stocky build, 5ft 10ins tall, with short black hair.
Anyone with information should call 020-8721 3784.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
- 4 Camden Council 'considers' bringing leisure centres in-house post-Covid
- 5 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 6 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 7 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 8 We must take the vaccine to protect the BAME community
- 9 Archway stabbing: 16-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder
- 10 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues