Police looking to trace teenagers after violent attempted robbery on West Hampstead train
- Credit: British Transport Police
Police are trying to trace two teenagers they believe are connected to an attempted robbery and assault on a Thameslink train from West Hampstead.
The duo boarded a service at West Hampstead station at 8.20pm on Thursday April 5.
The boys were being anti-social and were threatening passengers.
A man intervened, and challenged the boys’ behaviour, asking them to stop.
However according to the British Transport Police, they became instantly aggressive and started to assault the man.
You may also want to watch:
When he left the train at Harpenden, the youths assaulted him further and tried to steal his rucksack.
Luckily, despite the attack, the man didn’t sustain any serious injuries.
- 1 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 4 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 5 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 8 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 9 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 10 Crouch End drugs raid sees 'cannabis plants and equipment seized'
Officers believe the teenagers shown in the CCTV images may have information which could held the investigation.
Anybody with information can contact the BTP by texting 61016, or by calling 0800 40 50 40, quoting reference 656 of April 5.
Or those wanting to give information anonymously can call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.