Police issue CCTV of man wanted over glassing attack in Highgate
- Credit: Archant
Police have released images of a man wanted in connection with a brutal attack in a Highgate bar.
A man was hospitalised after being smashed over the head with a glass in Caipirinha jazz bar in Archway Road and left with a deep cut that required eight stitches.
He was attacked after asking the attacker to leave a group of his female friends alone to dance.
Det Con Juan Martín, from Haringey Police, said: “The suspect argued with the victim and then turned his back, appearing to walk off.
“Once the victim’s back was turned, the suspect smashed him over the head with a glass. This was a cowardly attack.”
You may also want to watch:
Officers investigating the incident, on August 24 last year, issued two CCTV stills this week.
They are asking for help in identifying one of the men pictured.
- 1 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 4 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 5 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 6 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 7 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 8 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 9 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 10 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.