Police issue CCTV of man wanted over glassing attack in Highgate
- Credit: Archant
Police have released images of a man wanted in connection with a brutal attack in a Highgate bar.
A man was hospitalised after being smashed over the head with a glass in Caipirinha jazz bar in Archway Road and left with a deep cut that required eight stitches.
He was attacked after asking the attacker to leave a group of his female friends alone to dance.
Det Con Juan Martín, from Haringey Police, said: “The suspect argued with the victim and then turned his back, appearing to walk off.
“Once the victim’s back was turned, the suspect smashed him over the head with a glass. This was a cowardly attack.”
You may also want to watch:
Officers investigating the incident, on August 24 last year, issued two CCTV stills this week.
They are asking for help in identifying one of the men pictured.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 3 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 4 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 5 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 6 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 7 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 8 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 9 Myanmar ambassador pleads for help from Hampstead doorstep
- 10 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.