Police issue CCTV of man wanted over glassing attack in Highgate
- Credit: Archant
Police have released images of a man wanted in connection with a brutal attack in a Highgate bar.
A man was hospitalised after being smashed over the head with a glass in Caipirinha jazz bar in Archway Road and left with a deep cut that required eight stitches.
He was attacked after asking the attacker to leave a group of his female friends alone to dance.
Det Con Juan Martín, from Haringey Police, said: “The suspect argued with the victim and then turned his back, appearing to walk off.
“Once the victim’s back was turned, the suspect smashed him over the head with a glass. This was a cowardly attack.”
You may also want to watch:
Officers investigating the incident, on August 24 last year, issued two CCTV stills this week.
They are asking for help in identifying one of the men pictured.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 3 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 6 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 7 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 8 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 10 'Time for the government to face up to the climate emergency'
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.