Police investigate as man, 28, dies after collapsing in Camden street
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after a 28-year-old man collapsed in the street in Camden and died in hospital two days later.
Officers were called at around 5.40am on Saturday after paramedics found the man, now named as Mahad Abdi Abshir, collapsed in Castlehaven Road.
He was rushed to hospital but passed away just before 8.30pm on Monday, said police.
Mr Abdi Abshir’s next of kin have been informed and his death is being treated as unexplained. A post-mortem examination will be scheduled in due course.
Officers from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are leading the investigation into Mr Abdi Abshir’s death.
You may also want to watch:
Det Ch Insp Andy Partridge said: “Castlehaven Road is a busy location, right in the centre of Camden and even at this time of the morning people would have been on the streets possibly following a night out or on their way to work.
“I would appeal to anyone who was in the area around the time Mr Abdi Abshir was found to come forward and speak to police.”
- 1 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 5 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 6 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 7 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill
- 8 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 9 Golders Green care home staff set for strike action
Anyone with information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8358 0300 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.