Police investigate as man, 28, dies after collapsing in Camden street
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after a 28-year-old man collapsed in the street in Camden and died in hospital two days later.
Officers were called at around 5.40am on Saturday after paramedics found the man, now named as Mahad Abdi Abshir, collapsed in Castlehaven Road.
He was rushed to hospital but passed away just before 8.30pm on Monday, said police.
Mr Abdi Abshir’s next of kin have been informed and his death is being treated as unexplained. A post-mortem examination will be scheduled in due course.
Officers from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are leading the investigation into Mr Abdi Abshir’s death.
You may also want to watch:
Det Ch Insp Andy Partridge said: “Castlehaven Road is a busy location, right in the centre of Camden and even at this time of the morning people would have been on the streets possibly following a night out or on their way to work.
“I would appeal to anyone who was in the area around the time Mr Abdi Abshir was found to come forward and speak to police.”
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 3 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 4 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 5 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 6 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 7 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 8 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 9 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 10 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
Anyone with information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8358 0300 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.