Police investigate as man, 28, dies after collapsing in Camden street
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after a 28-year-old man collapsed in the street in Camden and died in hospital two days later.
Officers were called at around 5.40am on Saturday after paramedics found the man, now named as Mahad Abdi Abshir, collapsed in Castlehaven Road.
He was rushed to hospital but passed away just before 8.30pm on Monday, said police.
Mr Abdi Abshir’s next of kin have been informed and his death is being treated as unexplained. A post-mortem examination will be scheduled in due course.
Officers from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are leading the investigation into Mr Abdi Abshir’s death.
You may also want to watch:
Det Ch Insp Andy Partridge said: “Castlehaven Road is a busy location, right in the centre of Camden and even at this time of the morning people would have been on the streets possibly following a night out or on their way to work.
“I would appeal to anyone who was in the area around the time Mr Abdi Abshir was found to come forward and speak to police.”
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 Tottenham boss Mourinho unsure on extent of Harry Kane's injury
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
Anyone with information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8358 0300 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.