Police impose cordon after Hampstead Heath rape
- Credit: Archant
Police are hunting a sex attacker after a woman was raped on Hampstead Heath.
Officers were called to the North End Way, Hampstead Heath Barrow area near Jack Straw’s Castle at 7.50am on Sunday.
A 40-year-old woman reported she had been raped and was taken to a north London hospital.
A Met spokesman said: “She has since been discharged and is being supported by officers.”
The area surrounding the scene was cordoned off as investigators carried out forensics work with cordons still in place on Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
Two men aged 40 and 43 were arrested following the incident and taken to a police station in north London.
Both have been released without charge.
- 1 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 2 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 3 Taste of Nawab: A community staple with Tripadvisor acclaim
- 4 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 5 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 6 'She means the world': Councillor's plea to bring home missing cat Evey
- 7 Skyscraper plans rejected by Westminster Council over damage to views
- 8 'Real harm to wildlife': Invasive crayfish in Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 9 Man stabbed on Finchley Road
- 10 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
Enquiries are continuing.