Police impose cordon after Hampstead Heath rape
- Credit: Archant
Police are hunting a sex attacker after a woman was raped on Hampstead Heath.
Officers were called to the North End Way, Hampstead Heath Barrow area near Jack Straw’s Castle at 7.50am on Sunday.
A 40-year-old woman reported she had been raped and was taken to a north London hospital.
A Met spokesman said: “She has since been discharged and is being supported by officers.”
The area surrounding the scene was cordoned off as investigators carried out forensics work with cordons still in place on Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
Two men aged 40 and 43 were arrested following the incident and taken to a police station in north London.
Both have been released without charge.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
- 4 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 5 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 6 Camden Council 'considers' bringing leisure centres in-house post-Covid
- 7 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 8 Mikel Arteta in dark over format of Arsenal and Benfica's Europa League tie
- 9 Arsenal forward Katie Godden joins Charlton Athletic
- 10 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
Enquiries are continuing.