Police impose cordon after Hampstead Heath rape
- Credit: Archant
Police are hunting a sex attacker after a woman was raped on Hampstead Heath.
Officers were called to the North End Way, Hampstead Heath Barrow area near Jack Straw’s Castle at 7.50am on Sunday.
A 40-year-old woman reported she had been raped and was taken to a north London hospital.
A Met spokesman said: “She has since been discharged and is being supported by officers.”
The area surrounding the scene was cordoned off as investigators carried out forensics work with cordons still in place on Wednesday.
Two men aged 40 and 43 were arrested following the incident and taken to a police station in north London.
Both have been released without charge.
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 3 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 4 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 5 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 6 Sexual offence reports at record levels in Camden, Haringey and Barnet
- 7 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 8 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 9 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club
- 10 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead
Enquiries are continuing.