Police impose cordon after Hampstead Heath rape
- Credit: Archant
Police are hunting a sex attacker after a woman was raped on Hampstead Heath.
Officers were called to the North End Way, Hampstead Heath Barrow area near Jack Straw’s Castle at 7.50am on Sunday.
A 40-year-old woman reported she had been raped and was taken to a north London hospital.
A Met spokesman said: “She has since been discharged and is being supported by officers.”
The area surrounding the scene was cordoned off as investigators carried out forensics work with cordons still in place on Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
Two men aged 40 and 43 were arrested following the incident and taken to a police station in north London.
Both have been released without charge.
- 1 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 2 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 3 Revealed: The five most polluted places in Camden
- 4 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 5 Hundreds oppose Hampstead Heath dog walker licence scheme
- 6 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 7 Crouch End join cricketing and cultural exchange programme
- 8 Vagina Museum reopens with the history of periods
- 9 'I want to make a difference': new leader for Haringey Council
- 10 Camden’s recycling rate has fallen – and this rubbish is now urgent
Enquiries are continuing.