Police hunt suspect after moped ram-raiders smash into Hampstead home
- Credit: Archant
Ram-raiders riding a moped smashed through the front door of a house off West Heath Road, in Hampstead, last Wednesday evening.
The burglars, two riding on a moped with several accomplices inside a silver VW Golf, forced their way into the home while the occupants were out and helped themselves to jewellery at around 7pm.
Detectives from Barnet CID have released an image of a man they want to question over the raid.
A police spokesman said: “A moped with two riders and a silver VW Golf with a number of people in, have approached the house. The moped was used to ram the front door causing it to open.
“The suspects have gone inside and have taken a number of items of jewellery before leaving on the moped and in the car and driving off along West Heath Road.”
You may also want to watch:
Detectives have appealed for anyone with information to call 101, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111
A 27-year-old man arrested on suspicion of burglary has been bailed until mid April, pending further enquiries.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 5 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 6 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 9 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 10 Helen Allingham's Hampstead watercolour up for auction