Police hunt sex attacker who posed as dying millionaire to target women on dating websites
- Credit: Archant
Detectives in Camden are hunting a convicted sex attacker who targeted women on dating websites claiming to be terminally ill with brain cancer and offering to leave them part of his million pound fortune.
They have released images of Christopher Matt, 29, from Camden, who was sentenced to four years in prison after being convicted of sexual assault and fraud by false representation in June 2014.
He disappeared while on licence from jail in September. A police spokesman said: “Since his release he has failed to comply with his licence and it has now been revoked.”
Camden police issued two tweets today appealing for information about Matt.
In the first, from the twitter account @mpscamden, they said: “Christopher Matt, 29. Targets females on dating sites. Claims to be terminally ill & rich #WantedByCamden”
You may also want to watch:
Detectives said: “Matt is known to target women on dating sites and gains their trust by claiming to be terminally ill with a brain tumour.
“He also claims to be a millionaire and promises vast sums of money to his victims as he’s dying and just wants to help people.”
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Tottenham boss Mourinho unsure on extent of Harry Kane's injury
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 9 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 10 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
He added: “Matt was known to have travelled extensively, visiting hotels and defrauding his victims in the North West, North East, Midlands and Merseyside areas of England.
Matt was jailed at Southwark Crown Court after admitting a charge of sexual assault and fraud by false representation in June 2014.
He had recieved a ten-month suspended sentence in November 2013 for five other charges of fraud through false representation and another of theft.
Anyone with any information about his whereabouts is asked to call police in Camden Borough on 101, or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via crimestoppers-uk.org.