Police hunt mystery run-away child in Hampstead
- Credit: Archant
Police are trying to trace an 11-year-old girl who was discovered wandering in the street in her pyjamas saying she had run away from home.
The girl, clutching a teddy bear, was spotted walking down Daleham Gardens at around 8.50pm in the evening on May 8
A police spokesman said the girl told a passerby she had run away from home.
He said: “She approached a member of the public and said that she may go to her father in Canary Wharf.”
She is described as an Asian girl of slight build who was wearing pink pyjamas with a butterfly pattern and blue or grey Adidas trainers. She was carrying a small teddy bear.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are appealing for help in identifying the child and have posted notices around Hampstead.
The spokesman said: “In particular from any parent whose daughter had left home for some time on the evening of Sunday, 8 May, and matches the above description.”
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 5 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 6 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 7 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 8 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
- 9 We must take the vaccine to protect the BAME community
- 10 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 020 8733 6913 or via 101 quoting 16MIS018940.