Police hunt mystery run-away child in Hampstead
- Credit: Archant
Police are trying to trace an 11-year-old girl who was discovered wandering in the street in her pyjamas saying she had run away from home.
The girl, clutching a teddy bear, was spotted walking down Daleham Gardens at around 8.50pm in the evening on May 8
A police spokesman said the girl told a passerby she had run away from home.
He said: “She approached a member of the public and said that she may go to her father in Canary Wharf.”
She is described as an Asian girl of slight build who was wearing pink pyjamas with a butterfly pattern and blue or grey Adidas trainers. She was carrying a small teddy bear.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are appealing for help in identifying the child and have posted notices around Hampstead.
The spokesman said: “In particular from any parent whose daughter had left home for some time on the evening of Sunday, 8 May, and matches the above description.”
- 1 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 2 The Magdala returns as pubs and restaurants reopen indoors on May 17
- 3 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 4 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 5 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'
- 6 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 7 Bailed: Men arrested in connection with antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 8 Teenage girls banned from Camden after Hampstead robbery spree
- 9 'No one cares': Mother claims 'horrible' leaks and mould left ignored
- 10 Zookeeper's sponsored swim as London Zoo reopens indoor areas
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 020 8733 6913 or via 101 quoting 16MIS018940.