Police hunt mystery run-away child in Hampstead
- Credit: Archant
Police are trying to trace an 11-year-old girl who was discovered wandering in the street in her pyjamas saying she had run away from home.
The girl, clutching a teddy bear, was spotted walking down Daleham Gardens at around 8.50pm in the evening on May 8
A police spokesman said the girl told a passerby she had run away from home.
He said: “She approached a member of the public and said that she may go to her father in Canary Wharf.”
She is described as an Asian girl of slight build who was wearing pink pyjamas with a butterfly pattern and blue or grey Adidas trainers. She was carrying a small teddy bear.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are appealing for help in identifying the child and have posted notices around Hampstead.
The spokesman said: “In particular from any parent whose daughter had left home for some time on the evening of Sunday, 8 May, and matches the above description.”
- 1 Rabindranath Tagore's Hampstead home on the market for £2.65m
- 2 Artist who captures North London's 'special light'
- 3 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 4 Hampstead house ravaged by early morning blaze
- 5 'It's madness': Queues block north London roads amid petrol shortage
- 6 Pure Gym to open in Crouch End
- 7 Haverstock Hill petrol station 'assault' arrest as motorists queue for fuel
- 8 Man charged with Haringey murder and victim named
- 9 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 10 Meet the entrepreneur helping Londoners find the cool dining spots
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 020 8733 6913 or via 101 quoting 16MIS018940.