Police hunt knifeman who carried out sex attack on woman in Hampstead
- Credit: Archant
A door-to-door saleswoman was attacked at knifepoint in an alley next to Finchley Road and Frognal rail station.
Police said: “A lone female was carrying out door-to-door sales and walked to an alley where the suspect attempted to sexually assault her at knife point.”
When police arrived the suspect had fled.
“During enquiries by police security at the Dury Centre, we believe this male may have tried this on another female,” said police.
Officer cordoned off the scene while CID and forensic units investigated.
You may also want to watch:
Police said: “A dog found items which may be relevant but require examination.”
The victim was not physically injured in the incident which happened at around 8:30pm on Tuesday.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Arsenal boss Arteta faces injury crisis decisions
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 6 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 9 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 10 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue