Police hunt knifeman who carried out sex attack on woman in Hampstead
- Credit: Archant
A door-to-door saleswoman was attacked at knifepoint in an alley next to Finchley Road and Frognal rail station.
Police said: “A lone female was carrying out door-to-door sales and walked to an alley where the suspect attempted to sexually assault her at knife point.”
When police arrived the suspect had fled.
“During enquiries by police security at the Dury Centre, we believe this male may have tried this on another female,” said police.
Officer cordoned off the scene while CID and forensic units investigated.
You may also want to watch:
Police said: “A dog found items which may be relevant but require examination.”
The victim was not physically injured in the incident which happened at around 8:30pm on Tuesday.
- 1 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 2 'Auto-destruction' in a train shed: how the Roundhouse made Camden cool
- 3 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 4 Pubs and restaurants look forward to 'normality' of indoors on May 17
- 5 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 6 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 7 'I want to make a difference': new leader for Haringey Council
- 8 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 9 Reader letter: Rubbish bins in Camden need 'levelling up'
- 10 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins