Police hunt knifeman who carried out sex attack on woman in Hampstead
- Credit: Archant
A door-to-door saleswoman was attacked at knifepoint in an alley next to Finchley Road and Frognal rail station.
Police said: “A lone female was carrying out door-to-door sales and walked to an alley where the suspect attempted to sexually assault her at knife point.”
When police arrived the suspect had fled.
“During enquiries by police security at the Dury Centre, we believe this male may have tried this on another female,” said police.
Officer cordoned off the scene while CID and forensic units investigated.
You may also want to watch:
Police said: “A dog found items which may be relevant but require examination.”
The victim was not physically injured in the incident which happened at around 8:30pm on Tuesday.
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 3 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 4 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 5 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 7 'Survived the storm': West Hampstead's The Alliance Pub wins reader's poll
- 8 Free festival to take over the streets of Camden
- 9 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 10 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath