Police hunt knife robbers who attacked three teenagers on Hampstead Heath
- Credit: Archant
Police have stepped up patrols on Hampstead Heath after three knife robberies over the bank holiday weekend.
The attacks, near the Lido swimming pool by the Gospel Oak entrance to Parliament Hill, took place between 9pm and 10pm on Friday and Saturday evenings.
PC John Hounsell, from Highgate neighbourhood policing team, said: “All victims have been males in their mid to late teens, and a knife has been used to threaten victims on every occasion.”
He said officers from Highgate’s safer neighbourhood team were working with with the Hampstead Heath Constabulary to step up night patrols in the area over the next two weeks.
Detective are currently investigating the offences.
You may also want to watch:
PC Hounsell warned people using the Heath at night to stick to well-lit areas or seek alternative routes such as via roads or public transport to cross the Heath.
He said: “Try to avoid dimly lit areas. The Lido on Parliament Hill is a very dark area and we would advise avoiding this during darkness hours. Avoid travelling alone on the Heath.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 3 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 4 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 5 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 6 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 7 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 8 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 9 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 10 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
The attacks come weeks after another teenager was injured in an attack by a group of youths at around 6:30pm on Sunday May 8.