Police hunt knife robbers who attacked three teenagers on Hampstead Heath
- Credit: Archant
Police have stepped up patrols on Hampstead Heath after three knife robberies over the bank holiday weekend.
The attacks, near the Lido swimming pool by the Gospel Oak entrance to Parliament Hill, took place between 9pm and 10pm on Friday and Saturday evenings.
PC John Hounsell, from Highgate neighbourhood policing team, said: “All victims have been males in their mid to late teens, and a knife has been used to threaten victims on every occasion.”
He said officers from Highgate’s safer neighbourhood team were working with with the Hampstead Heath Constabulary to step up night patrols in the area over the next two weeks.
Detective are currently investigating the offences.
You may also want to watch:
PC Hounsell warned people using the Heath at night to stick to well-lit areas or seek alternative routes such as via roads or public transport to cross the Heath.
He said: “Try to avoid dimly lit areas. The Lido on Parliament Hill is a very dark area and we would advise avoiding this during darkness hours. Avoid travelling alone on the Heath.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 4 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 5 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 6 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 7 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 8 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 9 Letter on shopping for one!
- 10 84 West Heath Road planning decision deferred again by Barnet Council
The attacks come weeks after another teenager was injured in an attack by a group of youths at around 6:30pm on Sunday May 8.