Police hunt ‘arsonists’ who set fire to Kentish Town house
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are appealing for witnesses after two men were seen running from the scene of a large house fire in Prince of Wales Road, Kentish Town.
As reported in the Ham&High, police were called to the blaze at a three-story terraced house in Prince of Wales Road on March 27 around 7;30pm. Onlookers took photos and filmed the fire.
Officers attended the scene along with the London Fire Brigade and there were no reported injuries, however neighbouring homes had to be evacuated.
Investigations have confirmed that an accelerant was used and the incident is being treated as arson.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: “Enquiries have established that two males were seen outside the building shortly before the fire started, with one of them seen to throw something towards it. They then made off towards Haverstock Hill.
You may also want to watch:
The two men are described as being in their late teens, both around 5ft 4ins in height and of slim build.
Both were wearing dark tops and trousers or jogging bottoms. One of the males had white stripes down the leg of his trousers or bottoms. He also had red coloured trainers and was wearing a light blue Nike rucksack, said police.
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 5 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 9 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 10 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
Det Con Dean Puzey, Central North CID, said: “Due to the prompt response of police and London Fire Brigade surrounding houses were evacuated. Luckily no one was injured and the fire was brought under control quickly.
“We are keen to hear from anyone with information on this incident and in particular those who witnessed the two males near the address around the time the fire started.
“If anyone took images or captured footage of these males then we ask you make contact us with us as soon as possible.”
If you have any information about the fire or saw the males near Haverstock Hill, then please call Central North CID police on 020 8345 0195 or via 101, tweet @MetCC or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.