Police help save man’s life after brutal stabbing in Camden Town
- Credit: Archant
Police officers helped save the life of a young man after he was victim to a brutal stabbing in the heart of Camden Town.
Police were called to reports of an incident in the early hours last Saturday (April 11) in Gilbeys Yard.
Two officers arrived to the small residential street to find a man lying on the ground and surrounded by people.
Officers gave the victim, who was stabbed in the back and chest, emergency treatment, applying dressings and pressure to the severe wounds.
He was later rushed to hospital for emergency surgery.
You may also want to watch:
It comes as the Gilbeys Yard estate, overlooking Regent’s Canal, continues to see police regularly called to its doors for violent and drug-related incidents.
On average, the last six months has seen officers attend the estate more than twice a week for offences.
- 1 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 2 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 3 Letters: The floods!
- 4 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 5 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 6 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 9 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 10 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
According to public police figures, reports of violent or sexual assaults here are made on average once a fortnight.
A high point of violence for the area came in 2008 when a 17-year-old boy, Sharmaarke Hassan, was found dead in Gilbeys Yard after being shot in the head.
Police say this recent stabbing has seen four individuals arrested.