Police help save man’s life after brutal stabbing in Camden Town
- Credit: Archant
Police officers helped save the life of a young man after he was victim to a brutal stabbing in the heart of Camden Town.
Police were called to reports of an incident in the early hours last Saturday (April 11) in Gilbeys Yard.
Two officers arrived to the small residential street to find a man lying on the ground and surrounded by people.
Officers gave the victim, who was stabbed in the back and chest, emergency treatment, applying dressings and pressure to the severe wounds.
He was later rushed to hospital for emergency surgery.
You may also want to watch:
It comes as the Gilbeys Yard estate, overlooking Regent’s Canal, continues to see police regularly called to its doors for violent and drug-related incidents.
On average, the last six months has seen officers attend the estate more than twice a week for offences.
- 1 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 2 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 3 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 5 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 6 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 7 Toilets, the Ponds, Streatery, Nazanin and Palestine
- 8 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 9 Arteta asks Arsenal to use 'pain' to punish West Brom
- 10 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
According to public police figures, reports of violent or sexual assaults here are made on average once a fortnight.
A high point of violence for the area came in 2008 when a 17-year-old boy, Sharmaarke Hassan, was found dead in Gilbeys Yard after being shot in the head.
Police say this recent stabbing has seen four individuals arrested.