Police help save man’s life after brutal stabbing in Camden Town
- Credit: Archant
Police officers helped save the life of a young man after he was victim to a brutal stabbing in the heart of Camden Town.
Police were called to reports of an incident in the early hours last Saturday (April 11) in Gilbeys Yard.
Two officers arrived to the small residential street to find a man lying on the ground and surrounded by people.
Officers gave the victim, who was stabbed in the back and chest, emergency treatment, applying dressings and pressure to the severe wounds.
He was later rushed to hospital for emergency surgery.
You may also want to watch:
It comes as the Gilbeys Yard estate, overlooking Regent’s Canal, continues to see police regularly called to its doors for violent and drug-related incidents.
On average, the last six months has seen officers attend the estate more than twice a week for offences.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
- 4 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 5 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 6 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 7 We must take the vaccine to protect the BAME community
- 8 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 9 Future of Royal Free Hospital nurseries uncertain amid staff consultation
- 10 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
According to public police figures, reports of violent or sexual assaults here are made on average once a fortnight.
A high point of violence for the area came in 2008 when a 17-year-old boy, Sharmaarke Hassan, was found dead in Gilbeys Yard after being shot in the head.
Police say this recent stabbing has seen four individuals arrested.